• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Combat squirrel's new 8800GTX and GTS overclocks in here! DATABASE Thread

Associate
Make: Gainward
Model: 8800GTS 640MB
Core Speed/Mem Speed: 650/2000
O/C Software: RivaTuner
O/S: Win XP SP2
Drv Version: 97.92
Cooling: Stock

3DMark06 Before: 8363
3DMark06 After: 10553

Temps around 55c idle, 65c load I think.
Fan set to auto on 2D, and fixed 80% on perf 3D.
Think this cards has lots more in it though.

Soldato
kevpuk said:
Make: PALIT
Model: 8800GTX
Core Speed/Mem Speed: 650Mhz / 1.95Ghz
O/C Software: Coolbits :eek:
O/S: Windows MCE
Drv Version: 97.92
Cooling: Stock Air Cooler

So this is where I am from a couple of 3DMark runs.......and it seemed so easy ! I am wondering how to really test the stability of these settings.....what are you guys doing ?

The way I see it, this 'less-than-£350-cost' GTX is an absolute belter.....can it really clock this well (+13% core, +9% RAM) with so little effort :confused: :D

Well, moving over to Vista now.....got the latest drivers at the ready ;) .....will update soon :)

Seriously, though, as I said above - these cards seem to clock a fair bit pretty easily, n'est-ce pas ?!

Soldato
What I found was that different brands use a different technique regarding overclocking, I know that the Foxconn 8800GTS and XFX 8800GTX do not overclock the shader clockspeed at all while other cards overclock the shaders together with the core clock.

This makes a big difference in some games that rely on shaderspeed.

Caporegime
Dutch Guy said:
What I found was that different brands use a different technique regarding overclocking, I know that the Foxconn 8800GTS and XFX 8800GTX do not overclock the shader clockspeed at all while other cards overclock the shaders together with the core clock.

This makes a big difference in some games that rely on shaderspeed.

what others?

and how can you tell?

hai

hai

Associate
Make:BFG
Model:8800 GTX OC
Core Speed/Mem Speed: 640/2068
O/C Software:Riva Tuner
O/S: Windows XP
Drv Version:Forceware 97.92
Cooling:Stock

Soldato
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/02/20/nvidia_geforce_8800_series_round_up/6.html

This time around, it seems like XFX has opted not to increase the stream processor clock (according to RivaTuner’s clock monitoring utility). Instead, it’s left humming along at a modest 1350MHz. The card has a higher core clock than EVGA’s e-GeForce 8800 GTX KO ACS³ Edition – this time it equates to a 9.5% clock enhancement.
My 8800GTS that is overclocked to 650/2000 has the stream processors running at 1512Mhz:
rivatunerstreamii4.jpg

So even though some cards are clocked higher by default they could very well be slower in shader heavy games.

I cannot link to the Foxconn GTS review as that site isn't allowed on the OcUK forums.

Associate
Hi

Can you update my O/C please

Make:BFG
Model:8800 GTS 320 OC
Core Speed/Mem Speed: 660/2030
O/C Software:Ntune
O/S: Windows XP
Drv Version:Forceware 97.92
Cooling:Stock

The only thing that has changed is that I can run my memory at 1015(2030), much better then my previous!

thanks

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
Maybe we should add the stream processor speed (shader clock) to the Excelsheet?

Mine is 1512Mhz with the core at 650Mhz

how does the shader clock get OC'd though? Is this just automatically done when your core clock is increased?

Associate
This little table is of use when working out clockspeeds.
There's quite a few steps (these are also present on the GTS) when pushing core clocks. The clockspeed you set isn't always the one you get.

Assuming you only want stable results (and how stable is stable?)

Associate
eVGA 8800GTS 320mb stock model

Tool: ATItool
Drivers: 97.92
GPU: 660
Memory: 1900

That's stable in 3Dmark06 and zero artifacts in ATItool. Memroy won't go any higher without artifacting, though i'm sure i could run games with a higher memory clock and be fine. Probably be able to hit the 2ghz mark and might try it another day.

Really pleased with this so far. Very quiet and run suprisingly cool, won't go above 75 even after stressing the gpu.
Won't be swapping back for the RMA's 1900xt anytime soon :p
Hopefully will get an R600 as a replacement if they take any longer over it.

Back
Top Bottom