• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Comedy]NVIDIA's HD3870 X2 Launch Analysis[/Comedy]

Caporegime
not for free i won't ;)

You made nothing more than a guess ffs, nothing more nothing less and are now going around here like you're an authority on gpu engineering. Your levels of clairovoyance are about on par with mystic meg "someone might win the lottery" oooh how does she do it? its a gift.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
You made nothing more than a guess ffs, nothing more nothing less and are now going around here like you're an authority on gpu engineering. Your levels of clairovoyance are about on par with mystic meg "someone might win the lottery" oooh how does she do it? its a gift.

:rolleyes:

Haha yes if she could tell what the numbers would be or who would win it she be rich

Soldato
with those pieces of technical marvel i'm surprised they aren't beating you're door down with a 200K contract.

'performance per watt ratio' wow ...you'd be chief engineer in a snap :p

Caporegime

outstanding

ubermoron.gif

Soldato
with those pieces of technical marvel i'm surprised they aren't beating you're door down with a 200K contract.

'performance per watt ratio' wow ...you'd be chief engineer in a snap :p

you would be surprised, iv been to a lot of companies in the IT industry. and the guys who are at the top earning the mega bucks are the ones that know the least about the technical stuff.
but thats just my experience other peoples may differ.......

Soldato
so it uses 2 x G92 cores, thats something we all already know.

only thing not known abou the gx2 is if it will use the 112sp GT core or the 128sp GTS core.

As I said, its neither.

Speculating, but '450' may be a low power version of the '400' GTS core.

also check on the 8800gs, im not sure but i think it also uses the G92 core.
8800GS is a cut down G92, 96SP, 192bit memory interface with 384MB memory.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think the guys designing the hardware we use have a touch more understanding than any of us ever will.

i'm not talking about directors etc that's a whole different kettle of fish.

but to each their own.

Permabanned
Hard or pretty unlikely that you can't really say it at this time? You'd make a great TV psychic, make guesses then go on about them if any of your guesses come true

Back
Top Bottom