• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Comedy]NVIDIA's HD3870 X2 Launch Analysis[/Comedy]

Soldato
X2 solutions are a lot of old bo!!o2ks single card solutions are a far better item and all the x2 are there to do is tide you over, by the time the ?800GTX true next gen card hits the shelf these will be yestyerdays news and a joke in the past. You will all be fighting for the fastest single card solution (wich will beat this dual card hands down) and SLI'ing it to superseed this card. there a waist and nothing but a fancy crossfire/sli solution for people who dont want to upgrade there mobo to have the option. Sorry if its out of turn but its just the way i see it!

Caporegime
X2 solutions are a lot of old bo!!o2ks single card solutions are a far better item and all the x2 are there to do is tide you over, by the time the ?800GTX true next gen card hits the shelf these will be yestyerdays news and a joke in the past. You will all be fighting for the fastest single card solution (wich will beat this dual card hands down) and SLI'ing it to superseed this card. there a waist and nothing but a fancy crossfire/sli solution for people who dont want to upgrade there mobo to have the option. Sorry if its out of turn but its just the way i see it!

YAAAAAwwwn sorry you say something?

J.D

J.D

Soldato

Then you need to take the blindfold off. Don't you know these are ripping up GTX's and Ultra's too?.

What a waste of your time posting when the performance of this card is quite darn good.

Soldato
Well ati next gpu the r700 is also going to be multi gpu by all acounts and when nvidia and ati go multi gpu you stop buying cards then ?

Caporegime
Well ati next gpu the r700 is also going to be multi gpu by all acounts

Yup, which by all accounts could make for a better trend, less powerful less complex chips would probably mean less can go wrong with them and something they can get out on time more often, rather than having to create an insanely complex "god" chip.

Associate

Well that is all pretty obvious... People will still buy them if they are the best cards out at that time.

Soldato
Sooner or later single solution gpu's will hit a limit with size heat price sooner or later.
It cheaper R&D to make a cheap smaller gpu and have 2 or more then trying to push the limit on a larger sized gpu, but driver count more in multi gpu solutions i guess.

Caporegime
Sooner or later single solution gpu's will hit a limit with size,heat,price sooner or later and it cheaper R&D to make a cheap smaller gpu and have 2 or more then trying to push the limit on a larger sized gpu, but driver count more in multi gpu solutions i guess.

Yup, same thing with cpu's. Far as i remember the only reason dual core appeared when it did was it was geting harder and harder to increase performance with a single core chip without having insane temperatures.

Associate
if they can sort out crossfire scaling, then all a multi-core gpu is is an on-die crossfire solution, rather than on-board (like the 3870X2) or multi-board.

Thus the sense in ATI ironing out the CrossfireX stuff now..... that way 2/3-core gpus will be instantly deployable without the fuss surrounding quad vs dual vs single core CPUs

it remains to be seen where the diminishing returns point lies with modern GPUs, as that will define (for the moment) how many cores/dies/boards it is worth plugging together.

Back
Top Bottom