Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
In a Reddit AMA, Petroglyph revealed that Command & Conquer Remastered Collection will feature content that was cut from the original games. According to the developers, this collection will come with over four hours of never-before-seen footage in the Bonus Gallery, along with unreleased music tracks.

Furthermore, the collection will bring to the PC all the missions that were present in the console versions.

From DSOG.

Soldato
Just seen it's up on cdkeys for £15.?? I was about to jump on it then saw it's Origin. I don't boycott but if there's a Steam version as an option that's where I want my games.

Permabanned
My problem is likely personal. I loved C&C until it became bad and have tried every similar rts since. I can't seem to capture the feeling I once had when playing this type of game. I'm older and I think that's why. Time has killed my ability to have fun at pc gaming I think in general.

I have not really enjoyed an RTS since total annihilation. But maybe that was because we used to play it on the work lan Friday afternoons. Everything since has become a bit flat.

When Red alert was released we stayed up all night playing it. Not sure the remake will hit those heights. Bit like wow classic, good for a bit but you have seen and done it all before.

Still, I will be playing as it's on origin access. :)

Associate
Also they already did a 3D version, the N64 version, actually my favourite for single player.

With Doom 64 already getting a Steam release, we might even get the N64 version as well.

Even without FMV the N64 version does look pretty good compared to the original PC version that still looks good too IMO.

Soldato
No.

When was the last time a game was standalone?

I don't know the last game I bought must have been Football manager 2005. I've never liked the idea of having to run an additional program so that I can run a game.

Oh...no tell a lie. I bought the remastered edition of Monkey Island in 2011. It was via steam and didn't work so I ended up with a 'different' method of playing it.

EDIT: Due to this thread I have been playing OpenRA. Still holds up.

Associate
9 years ago? I'm amazed you noticed this thread.
I don't know the last game I bought must have been Football manager 2005. I've never liked the idea of having to run an additional program so that I can run a game.

Oh...no tell a lie. I bought the remastered edition of Monkey Island in 2011. It was via steam and didn't work so I ended up with a 'different' method of playing it.

Nine years ago? I'm amazed you even noticed. You must REALLY be missing football!

Associate

Pretty sure GoG has Monkey Island, that'd not require anything additional. OpenRA is enjoyable.

Soldato
How much is this going for?

You guys know that your gonna get it, play it for a few hours and realise that games how moved on in the last (15-20?) years and that you've done this all before.

The reason the original C&C was so good is that it was the first 'proper' RTS game. At the time the game was amazing, fast RTS action and compared to anything similar and even most other games at all, was very good.

I loved the original games but I have no interest in this, it's just buying into nostalgia.

Edit: I had to look it up 1995 , 25 years ago!!!! Damn I'm getting old!

Last edited:
Soldato
I know I shouldn't, but I want this.

A little trip down memory lane would be a nice tonic to this lockdown..

I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical man....

Associate
Often with old games there can be annoying designs that don't age well. With remakes, a decent development addresses these issues while keeping core values. We've seen this done well (Resi2), and it done bad (Halo). But with direct input from the community, C&C is set to be half decent. And at less than £20 with new content too. @BUDFORCE

Back
Top Bottom