Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
I'd rather see a Generals remake to be honest, loved that game but it had a bug which made online multiplayer disconnect/desync (can't remember the exacts) that made it extremely frustrating to play. I tried countless supposed 'fixes' but absolutely nothing solved the problem.

Unfortunate as there's some awesome mods for it

Great game!
Yeah, there was an annoying slow-down bug on multiplayer. But I think that may have got patched out with the Origin C&C Collection.

Soldato
Great game!
Yeah, there was an annoying slow-down bug on multiplayer. But I think that may have got patched out with the Origin C&C Collection.

The desync bug didn't get fixed, myself and a buddy bought the Origin collection specifically in hope that the issue would be resolved.

Must have spent hundreds of hours playing the various mods, there was a really cool sci-fi style one that added a bunch of factions with very distinct playstyles, I seem to remember one of them being a Terminator style thing. Ended up giving up entirely after the Origin launch as it was just insanely annoying to get the 'mismatch' error after 40-50 minutes, just as the game was really starting to ramp up.

Soldato
The desync bug didn't get fixed, myself and a buddy bought the Origin collection specifically in hope that the issue would be resolved.

Must have spent hundreds of hours playing the various mods, there was a really cool sci-fi style one that added a bunch of factions with very distinct playstyles, I seem to remember one of them being a Terminator style thing. Ended up giving up entirely after the Origin launch as it was just insanely annoying to get the 'mismatch' error after 40-50 minutes, just as the game was really starting to ramp up.

Tried this?: https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/amq9km/zero_hour_mismatch_fix/

Associate
I replayed Generals and zero hour USA campaign, plus the generals challenge over xmas. And a few skirmishes. Bought the C&C collection for a few quid. Was still fun to play. Didn't try any of the other games again yet though. I did do millions of hours of RA2/YR back in the dial up days too but haven't touched that one in forever. Generals still holds up ok when you edit a few ini file settings for camera height and resolution.

Soldato
Generals still holds up ok when you edit a few ini file settings for camera height and resolution.

Ahhh! Didn't realise you could do this. Will look into this later on! Thanks.

I tried playing recently but got annoyed with the camera pretty quickly. Last time I played it I had a 17 inch flatscreen monitor and thought it was awesome!

Associate
Ahhh! Didn't realise you could do this. Will look into this later on! Thanks.

I tried playing recently but got annoyed with the camera pretty quickly. Last time I played it I had a 17 inch flatscreen monitor and thought it was awesome!
Yeah same when I tried years ago. Only discovered it this time when looking for how to set the resolution to 2K. I think the setting was something like maxcameraheight=1100. Or something along those lines. It just makes the camera a bit more zoomed out so you can see more of the map. You can change the value to whatever you like (though I assume there's a max value before it explodes), I'm not actually sure what I had mine set at but I think it was around that value (not at home PC so can't look now).

Associate
I hope they keep the original FMV sequences, but just on some dudes phone in the foreground. Always remember seeing them FMVs for the first time and saying "This game is just like real life!". Ahh, how terrible it looks today!

Permabanned
I'd rather see a Generals remake to be honest

They were making one a fair while ago but it was eventually canned. I reckon it was because of all the backlash when they announced it was going to be P2W, but EA cited other reasons.

Generals was great such brilliant humour with the GLA. It was actually hugely popular in the ME too (probably still is).

Soldato
They were making one a fair while ago but it was eventually canned. I reckon it was because of all the backlash when they announced it was going to be P2W, but EA cited other reasons.

Generals was great such brilliant humour with the GLA. It was actually hugely popular in the ME too (probably still is).

That game was online only free to play game where you bought things like microtransactions. It was a C&C game in name only and I am glad it never saw the light of day. A proper Generals remake would be fantastic though.

Associate
Still remember the huge Tiberian Sun posters and cardboard cut outs surrounding game stores when it was released.

Paid either £20 or £25 for it on release day, which was a lot of money for a game at the time.

It was worth it. :)

Back
Top Bottom