Commodore 2000k found in attic

Associate
Hi all,

Just joined here so hopefully you all can help/advise

So digging around in the attic of our new house I found a boxed Commodore 2000k with 4 controllers and the instructions

I had a quick Google of them and there isn't a whole lot of info about them!

I wanted to see if it still works so thought I would check here first if there is anything I should do before powering it up as I have no idea how long it's been up there for!

Also any idea on what these things might be worth?? (I don't want to start digging around in it trying to get it to work if it's actually valuable )

Cheers in advance!

Man of Honour
plug it in already man - you wont know unless you try! A boxed 2000k cant be that common a thing probably worth a few hundred possibly more to the right buyer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to Google what it was. Looks quite similar to the Videomaster Visionscore I picked up at a boot sale a decade ago. I've never even plugged it in.

Don't know about the commodore, but my unit was pretty worthless last time I checked prices.

Man of Honour
Had to Google what it was. Looks quite similar to the Videomaster Visionscore I picked up at a boot sale a decade ago. I've never even plugged it in.

Don't know about the commodore, but my unit was pretty worthless last time I checked prices.

You get weird commadore collectors if its boxed and nice I recon I dunno £100 upwards depending on condition and box condition etc.

Soldato
Hi all,

Just joined here so hopefully you all can help/advise

So digging around in the attic of our new house I found a boxed Commodore 2000k with 4 controllers and the instructions

I had a quick Google of them and there isn't a whole lot of info about them!

I wanted to see if it still works so thought I would check here first if there is anything I should do before powering it up as I have no idea how long it's been up there for!

Also any idea on what these things might be worth?? (I don't want to start digging around in it trying to get it to work if it's actually valuable )

Cheers in advance!
Wow, very rare!

Most people would just plug it in and see what happens...

The issue is that the main CPU (MOS 7601) will be next to impossible to replace..

To bring it up super diligently, it'd need opening, remove the CPU, then check the PSU, check for corrosion, check for shorts, power up, check all voltage rails, then reintroduce the CPU..

I'd say that yeah, 99% of people would power on, it's either going to work in some fashion, or not, and sold on ebay appropriately..

There is a 3000H on for £135 Buy it now that claims to power up (but fuzzy picture)..

If feeling charitable, you could approach one of the vintage gaming outfits, there is the RMC (https://www.retrocollective.co.uk/about.php) one not too far from Bristol.. or pop it on Ebay and send them a link.. they might buy it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the info guys,

The reason I thought I would check about powering on 1st is I have had a few pinball machine projects before amd have had issues blowing up parts when plugged in for the first time

I am away this weekend so won't get anytime to look at it but I might just try to open it up/check how it looks then power it up (the battery compartment looks fresh as new luckily wasn't stored with old batteries)

Am I right in thinking that if it powers on and I plug the RF connector into a modern TV and scan for analogue signal it should find a picture on a channel??

Man of Honour
Thanks for the info guys,

The reason I thought I would check about powering on 1st is I have had a few pinball machine projects before amd have had issues blowing up parts when plugged in for the first time

I am away this weekend so won't get anytime to look at it but I might just try to open it up/check how it looks then power it up (the battery compartment looks fresh as new luckily wasn't stored with old batteries)

Am I right in thinking that if it powers on and I plug the RF connector into a modern TV and scan for analogue signal it should find a picture on a channel??

Yea man I managed to program in a similar console not long ago to a modern samsung TV. I had a boxed Mercury commander (1980 console) plugged her in and played some pong like a boss! Sold it now though and i didnt repair it or do anything to it. Just gave it a clean up.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I put some batteries in it plugged into a old TV and turned it on and it worked perfectly all speakers work as do all 4 controllers!! All the games seem to work but I don't think the duck hunt works without the light gun sadly that accessory wasn't with it. The football appears to be pong but green background

I have some pictures but struggling to get them to link not sure if the link below will work

Back
Top Bottom