Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Associate
Anyone running a PiStorm yet? I'm getting that uncertainty feeling about re-accumulating a retro collection and debating unloading it all (again!)

Soldato
I'd love to get my hands on an A600 again - just because of the memories associated with it and the hardships my parents had to get me one. I definitely will get one at some point if i can. I like the idea of PiStorm but I was reading that you had to keep swopping video inputs?

M.

Associate
I'd love to get my hands on an A600 again - just because of the memories associated with it and the hardships my parents had to get me one. I definitely will get one at some point if i can. I like the idea of PiStorm but I was reading that you had to keep swopping video inputs?

Perifractic Retro Recipes did a video explaining how you dont need to swap PLUS they are working on a solution that avoids it completely... but A600 versions are still coming as diff socket design etc, so A500s rule for now

Associate
Two games jump out at me from when I had an Amiga 500..Chaos Engine & Shadow of the Beast..just wow.also Benefactor/James Pond..(think I'd better stop) I then bought Amiga's CD based console the Amiga CD32 (as in my 'name' lol)...along with the sx1 expansion module whereas you could add keyboard, mouse etc to turn it back into an Amiga! I remember Microcosm blowing me away graphics wise at the time but tbh it was probably a crap game!

Associate
My uncle introduced me to the Amiga, spent hours playing the thing, used to finish primary school and be to his house and on his computer before he got home from high school haha.

Bard's tale was probably the game we played most, another of his mates used to come round and we'd take two characters each in battle and rotate controlling and mapping.

I remember spending a lot of time playing nightbreed aswell as shadow of the beast 2.. scary games at the time :D

Eye of the Beholder. Rampage, Lemmings, Agony, Cabal, Robocop, Syndicate.. so many great titles, could go on forever :D :D !!

Soldato
What’s the going rate for Amigas? I have a few in my parents attic, they were working when I put them up there many years ago :D also have a boxed 48k speccy with all the accessories.

Soldato
500s I think. I will pop into their attic at the weekend. I know there's a large box of floppy disks for the Amiga, there's a lot, its near impossible to lift :cool:

Associate
What’s the going rate for Amigas? I have a few in my parents attic, they were working when I put them up there many years ago :D also have a boxed 48k speccy with all the accessories.

500s start at £100.

If its 500plus open it NOW and remove that battery and clean the gunk off with vinegar and pray its still alive

Test them all too

Back
Top Bottom