Common Showers

Associate
Hi there.

I joined a council run Gym last month, Its a pretty good gym with good equipment, but In the changing rooms they only have a common shower rooms.

This don't usually bother me, but young children also use these changing rooms, I find it inappropriate to expose myself in front a child, If I had done this in the street I would be arrested and charge, Why do the council think it's ok to do this here?

I have written a letter to the leisure department stating the above, Do you think they will change it and do you think it's right if they expect you to shower there?

Permabanned
I don't see how it is any different to parents taking their children (either the same or opposite sex) into single-sex changing rooms? There are still going to be adults 'exposing' themselves in front of children.

I really don't think any children pay too much attention to what is going on around them and most parents try to shield them anyway.

Soldato
Can't you just shower when you get home?

A local public swimming baths near me have showers without doors/sides - if you need to use them, you just use an end one and face the other way.

Capodecina
Soldato
Hi there.

I joined a council run Gym last month, Its a pretty good gym with good equipment, but In the changing rooms they only have a common shower rooms.

This don't usually bother me, but young children also use these changing rooms, I find it inappropriate to expose myself in front a child, If I had done this in the street I would be arrested and charge, Why do the council think it's ok to do this here?

I have written a letter to the leisure department stating the above, Do you think they will change it and do you think it's right if they expect you to shower there?

Wow, you really need to loosen up. Exposing yourself in the street is totally different to having a communal shower, the purpose of which is cleanliness and nothing else.

I would suggest the person who has a problem is you, and not the 'communal shower system'. You should have a good think about your own desires and sexual morals which seem far more questionable to me.

Soldato
what do you mean "expose". As in shower naked?
I'm not sure the last time I saw an old wrinkly man shower naked shower naked in a council run place (never been to a private gymn myself). Are you sure your not breaking the centre's rule by doing so?

Associate
I'm guessing you mean communal which typically suggests mixed sex. Or more likely there aren't cubicles with curtains for you to hide your todger behind? No big deal really, just don't wave it in anyones face.

Man of Honour
At the pool I work out theres communal showers, but you shower with your shorts on. The only place you can shower starkers is in the sauna and steam room where the showers have doors

Man of Honour
Wow, you really need to loosen up. Exposing yourself in the street is totally different to having a communal shower, the purpose of which is cleanliness and nothing else.

I would suggest the person who has a problem is you, and not the 'communal shower system'. You should have a good think about your own desires and sexual morals which seem far more questionable to me.

I would suggest that your suggestion is wildly inaccurate. This is more likely someone that hasn't had young kids in his life, through friends or relatives, and has taken note of shock media and tabloid headlines, nothing more.

what do you mean "expose". As in shower naked?
I'm not sure the last time I saw an old wrinkly man shower naked shower naked in a council run place (never been to a private gymn myself). Are you sure your not breaking the centre's rule by doing so?

Our local council gym has a shower area that is used naked. The swimming changing rooms are unisex and shorts/costumes are left on, the gym changing areas are not.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
It's likely to be communal for each sex, male and female. The ones at our Gym/Pool certainly are. Most people use the pool ones with shorts on but at least 1/4th use those ones nude after swimming. In the gym changing area they are communal and you'd look odd if you put shorts on just to go into the shower!

Modern place as well, it's not from the darkages ;)

Back
Top Bottom