Associate
Computer randomly freezes, slowly every app will lock up and the only option I have is to hold down the power button to shut it all down, and then it works perfectly fine again afterwards until the next crash
The higher I have the xmp settings at (3600-3200-2666) etc, the faster it will crash, the two ram pairs have been tested seperatly, and after the computer is on for about 10-20 mins, it crashes at 2666mhz, below is a video of it happening, excuse what is shown on screen.

https://imgur.com/a/2YMKO9O

ALL Brand new parts

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU - Asus TUF oc v2 3080
RAM - 32gb 3600mhz Vengeance Pro RGB (4 sticks of 8gb, bought in 2 packs of 8x2, specs are exactly the same
Storage - 2tb M.2 ssd 970 evo plus gen 3
Cooler - Lian LI galahad AIO 360mm
Motherboard - Asus strix b550-f gaming wifi
PSU - MSI A850GF 850w
Windows 10

Bios and all drivers are up to date, and when the computer shuts down, there is no sign of any thermal throttling, or any windows bluescreen to follow it, along with this, there is no sign of issues within event viewer that shows any signs of the problem.

I'm so lost and have absolutely no clue what to do anymore, has anyone come across this before, or is able to help fix this issue

Associate
Try running a single stick of memory and test all ram with memtest.
I agree with this. Try isolate all the variables by removing 3 RAM modules and using just the one.

I also use Y-Cruncher to find stability. I have a script which I use to auto run N32, N64, HNT, VST and C17 modules.

pretty good at picking up bad RAM settings (I’m currently trying to get 32 gigs of B Die to be stable)

Soldato
No way a pc can freeze with the heat output of an RTX card. Check the memory isn’t mismatched single sided and dual sided or requires different voltages/timings.

Soldato
Is the ram getting the correct voltage? I had a similar issue with a build recently, the board was set at 1.35v in bios, but was undervolting, set it a bit higher & problem solved

Rob

Back
Top Bottom