Computer has died! Any suggestions would be great!

Associate
Hi guys,

I've got a major problem with my PC and I really don't know what to do with it.

I turned on my PC this morning as usual, but it wouldnt boot up.

Basically it starts up as normal, except that when its running through the usual memory, drive checks etc in DOS, it comes up with IT Timing next to the memory, with the following:

Tcl:3
Trcd:3
Tras:8
Trp:3

I've never fiddled with these settings or overclocked the computer.

When I try to start it in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config, or normally, the Windows XP startup screen comes on, but then reboots after a few minutes.

Has anyone got any idea what it might be? I've got loads of job applications on there which are due in on Monday, and I'm buggered if I can't get them off!

Thanks a lot guys,

Amy

Soldato
maybe go into bios and reset all setting to default and try again??... really dont know why those memory timings have come up if you havnt touched bios..

have you another computer to put the hard disk into? if so, get to the applications this way

Associate
OP
Thanks,

I put the hard drive into another computer and accessed the docs from there, but it came up with errors saying that there was a risk that I would lose data on my hard drive because there was an error. I got the stuff I needed off, but it was running ridiculously slow and took about 1/2 hour to get a few files!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Amy

Soldato
are you sure you havnt been infected with a virus? run a scan...

just seems dodgy that it boots up fine into windows but then reboots after a few minutes...

or... could be a dodgy PSU on its way out. my old computer would boot into windows and then randomly reboot. Turned out the fluctuation in the power supplied to the computer was low enough to reboot the computer randomly; a common occurance with PSUs which are dieing.

if you are certain you dont have a virus etc maybe try swapping the PSU...

all i can think off atm

Back
Top Bottom