Considering LG OLED & LG Sound Bar, good choice or any alternatives please?

Soldato
Looks good that TV does, LG?

LG have offered me the following deals:
OLED65CX6LA at £2159.99
OLED65BX6LB at £1349.99

I am going to ask the obvious question is the CX worth the additional £800 or will I not be able to notice any difference, were also using a NVIDIA Shield Pro with our TV if that makes any difference and other question is how does BX compared to say the C9.

Tempted to just grab the BX as the price seems an absolute bargain, but if the CX is visually superior then I guess the £800 premium is justified.

Mine is a 65” C9.

That is a great price for the BX. CX seems a bit expensive tbh I doubt you would notice much between them.

OcUK Staff
OP
Mine is a 65” C9.

That is a great price for the BX. CX seems a bit expensive tbh I doubt you would notice much between them.

Yep C9 seem pretty impossible to find at the moment or are £1800 at which point might as well go CX but the BX price just seems like an absolute steal to me. :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Umm ok.....

You know what I mean, there is a thunder crack in the demo and it had great power and bass to the point it felt to my internal organs stuff was shaking, of course it was not but at high volumes the system is extremely good. It is the low volumes where bass seems lacking and there seems nothing simple like a LOUD button that Sonos have which tends to solve that.

Soldato
You know what I mean, there is a thunder crack in the demo and it had great power and bass to the point it felt to my internal organs stuff was shaking, of course it was not but at high volumes the system is extremely good. It is the low volumes where bass seems lacking and there seems nothing simple like a LOUD button that Sonos have which tends to solve that.

Have you got the app you can adjust a few more things with that too. I find the sub more than enough and have mine set to -6 for usage.

OcUK Staff
OP
Have you got the app you can adjust a few more things with that too. I find the sub more than enough and have mine set to -6 for usage.

Yep got the app which is a sweet feature, got my blu Ray player up and running just out terminator salvation on, wow.

Also one more thing I’ve got an old Panasonic blu Ray player am I right to assume to play the newer 4k blu ray disc I need a new blu Ray player?

Soldato
Yep got the app which is a sweet feature, got my blu Ray player up and running just out terminator salvation on, wow.

Also one more thing I’ve got an old Panasonic blu Ray player am I right to assume to play the newer 4k blu ray disc I need a new blu Ray player?

Yeah. I would look into the Panasonic UB820 or UB450 if you'd like one. Both are the best in their respective price ranges.

Soldato

Yeah or an Xbox one S or X will do the job too.

Associate
LG have offered me the following deals:
OLED65CX6LA at £2159.99
OLED65BX6LB at £1349.99

Any updates on this? That seems like a crazy cheap price for the BX.

Richer Sounds are apparently receiving 68 B9 units tomorrow and price matched Costco @ £1,380 collection or add £70 for delivery. The usual 6 year warranty with RS.
I currently have a 40" Hisense 4K TV so was happy with entry level OLED, I'm not 100% the stock will turn up though so may be looking at alternatives soon.

OcUK Staff
OP
Got the CX65 LG OLED with eARC and combined with SN11RG simply wow I’m blown away, Starwars on Disney Plus is incredible the object surround sound is amazing and my worries over lack of bass need not worry the sound can serious make the house rumble and shake.

Just don’t seem to be able to get Atmos on Plex, Tidal or Prime they just seem to use PCM or Dolby Audio which still have very impressive surround and base but not as good as Atmos.

Back
Top Bottom