Considering LG OLED & LG Sound Bar, good choice or any alternatives please?

Caporegime
@Gibbo

Are you using the built in Plex app? Which is basically a wrapper for the TVs media player.

I'll test mine out tonight, as I recently upgraded to an AVR with eARC so it'll be interesting to see if movies streamed from my PC will play with Atmos now....they never did on my old AVR (which only had ARC)

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

Are you using the built in Plex app? Which is basically a wrapper for the TVs media player.

I'll test mine out tonight, as I recently upgraded to an AVR with eARC so it'll be interesting to see if movies streamed from my PC will play with Atmos now....they never did on my old AVR (which only had ARC)

Using Plex on the shield not tried the one on the TV yet.
Amazon Prime Atmos works using app on both shield and TV, likewise for Disney Plus.

Apple TV app on TV Atmos is fine.

It’s either a Plex issue or none of the films we are trying to stream have an Atmos soundtrack, they are clearly surround as using the sound bars movie mode the setup is doing a good job of separating channels or it’s just very good surround.

Im over the moon with it and yes I’m sure a dedicated AVR setup would be even better but to my ears and my needs with the volume at 20+ in movie or proper Atmos mode it feels like I’m in the cinema, so I’m very happy.

OcUK Staff
OP
My B9 arrives on Tuesday, are there any recommendations for a brother regarding setup? Do's and don'ts etc

I just turned mine on let it do auto setup and that is it, setup a few apps like Prime and Disney even though I can use my shield.

If you have a soundbar with eARC enable eARC on the TV too but otherwise I’ve just watched and happy with the presets, eco for TV and cinema for films and game for gaming.

Associate
When is a good time to invest in a panel? I've been looking at LG and Panasonic. When do the prices of old models drop? Is it worth waiting for 2021 panels for bigger upgrades?

dod

dod

Soldato
No need to as I’m perfectly happy with what I’ve achieved and don’t need any more, it’s more than enough for my ears, so the £29,000 saved can go on other stuff. :)
Sorry to bump an old thread but I’m looking at pretty much the same set up. How are you finding it now? Happy? Would you change anything?

we’re sitting about 4m from the screen and the 43” we have is a bit on the small side

Back
Top Bottom