Control

Soldato
moRqHCs.png
https://controlgame.com/
Releases Tues 27th August on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Anyone else looking forward to this new one from Remedy? I've always enjoyed their previous games (Quantum Break was a bit weak at times but I still enjoyed it), this one looks great and quite fresh and creative in a lot of ways.

After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control.

From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

Control is Jesse Faden’s story and her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Jesse works with other Bureau agents and discovers strange experiments and secrets.

This one goes into a bit of detail about the "New Weird" literary genre which the game has taken a lot of inspiration from:

The rest of the Dev Diary videos are here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDDaqwy2GJQkF5K45jfki5Mb9R30ATZNO

Soldato
Like a 15 hour through game and if you do some side stuff, and also it seems to not run that well on base consoles as of yet. Game looks really nice though.

Soldato
OP
Incredibly short game, not worth the money.

I've seen 12-15 hours quoted depending on how much side stuff you opt to do, that seems more than reasonable for a single-player title of this type.

It’s probably a candidate for Xbox Game Pass so will wait. It’s supposed to be getting good reviews though.

I'm not sure, Sony seem to have funded exclusive content and marketing so I'm not sure how that affects its chances on Game Pass.

Soldato
This game is a TRIP! Very, very solid, and feels old school in a lot of (good) ways. Really great job done by Remedy! Can't wait to see what they do next; they seem to have learned the lessons they needed to from Quantum Break's reception.

Soldato
OP
Err... yes, I know... That's what the joke hinged upon....

The chapter titles etc are presented in large text across the screen in-game, it's part of the design style they've gone for in the game hence why I tried to pay some homage to that with the logo (lifted directly from their website).

Not sure what the complaint is regarding the third-person camera, it can sometimes feel a bit too quick but I've had no issues with the view being obscured by the perspective.

Soldato
About 6 hours in.
Taking it nice and slow, so I expect I'll be getting about 20 hours out of it if 12-15 is being quoted :D

Not really my kind of game generally speaking, but picked it up due to trailers and solid reviews.
So far, quite enjoying it (the creepy vibe and story more than the combat).

A few things...
* Occasionally when going into aiming mode, the camera goes directly behind you instead of over one of the shoulders.
* I get a really odd sparkly/gritty texture on objects sometimes. Unsure if a glitch or an artistic choice
* Getting health during a firefight sucks if you're pinned down since the only way (so far?) to get health is to attack the enemy.

So far so good anyway !!

Back
Top Bottom