** COOLERMASTER Q500L - IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE! **

Associate
I need a compact ATX case to fit into a tight space and the Q500L seems almost perfect. The only problem is the width of 230 mm, as I only have 225 mm available. However looking at photos of the case I notice the side panel thumb screws stick out roughly 5 mm on each side. I'm quite handy and reckon I could probably replace these with countersunk screws, I realise this would invalidate the warranty.

So assuming 230 mm is the width of the case with the thumb screws, could someone please tell me how wide the case is without them?

Associate
@jonchaz If you take the feet and thumb screws out of the equation I reckon the case is 210-215mm wide now that is without anything to secure the plastic side panel and with no clearance at all. Also keep in mind the power button, two usb ports and two audio jack's are located on the plastic side panel.

I personally love the case I think it looks great.

Hope that helps

Associate
I find the heat levels a touch high to be honest, not too bad though. I modified the case as some people had mentioned elsewhere by drilling out the holes wider in front of the fans that improved the temps. The case set up is exactly what I was looking for though.
Temps can get up to 75C+ on high load.

For reference I'm using an x470 gaming pro carbon mobo with a Ryzen 2700x (OC to 4.15Ghz), RX 580 8GB and overclocked memory at 3000 Mhz. Tried with the stock cooler but opted for a liquid cooler. Also have the case horizontally set up.

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom