Coolermasters new CPU Coolers from CES...

Associate
Don't know if I would trust air cooling to be able to cool the hot side of the peltier efficiently enough. Especially on a quad core/i7.

What is the power rating of the peltier? Does it come with its own power supply? Interesting.

A friend of mine is running an i7 at 4.2GHz atm and he isnt having any issues with temp at all. His previous OC was idling at -10 and fully loading at +10...

Soldato
Blimey, the V12 looks utterly insane. I wonder how much it weighs, and what the implications are with bolting something that large to a mobo. I mean, will there be room for anything else other than a CPU and that cooler? :eek: :D

Associate
The V10 comes out this month in Europe however, it's price tag is said to be around the £100+ mark, and looking at the reviews (beta) the v8 seems to be better then the v10 or on average they're about the same.

The v12 looks interesting thats the cooler that might perform slightly better.

Soldato
I find that very hard to believe.

Yeah, and at that temperature, he'd get condensation, then ice, then after he switches it off, water that runs down into the CPU. Not good. Unless you install some sort of bucket under the TEC (which I suppose is the advantage of running the TEC where it is on the v10, rather than between the CPU and HSF) :D.

Man of Honour
V8 works pretty sweet for me - holds CPU temps below 60C on my Q6600 however much voltage or clockspeed I throw at it.

I had to use the nuts on the bottom tho as the backplate was shorting out the motherboard if I put it on tight enough to hold the cooler on properly. Doesn't seem to be a problem even with the size and weight of it not using the backplate.

Back
Top Bottom