** CORSAIR 240 AIR - COMING SOON **

Gah, that's annoyingly ever so slightly too short. My current cooler is ~130mm :(

Some have calculated from the pictures that there's 132mm of clearance, so you may be okay. Best to wait till reviews start to come out with better specifications.

I'm so close to pre-ordering this as a replacement for my Prodigy. Been considering this, Deep Silence 4, Define/Arc Mini or 350D with a view to upgrading back to mATX at some point. This ticks all my boxes whilst being almost the same size as the Prodigy with just as good cooling capability. I can see this selling very very well indeed. Does OcUK take payment for pre-orders or just when it ships?

Last edited:
Some have calculated from the pictures that there's 132mm of clearance, so you may be okay. Best to wait till reviews start to come out with better specifications.

I'm so close to pre-ordering this as a replacement for my Prodigy. Been considering this, Deep Silence 4, Define/Arc Mini or 350D with a view to upgrading back to mATX at some point. This ticks all my boxes whilst being almost the same size as the Prodigy with just as good cooling capability. I can see this selling very very well indeed. Does OcUK take payment for pre-orders or just when it ships?

It'll be close then.. Well, I like it but buying another new cooler is an additional expense I don't want. I'm in the same boat as you, looking at those very mATX cases. It's kind of disappointing that those are the only 'real' options for a decent mATX case, like case manufacturers just disregard the form factor despite it being ideal for most.

It is a shame, but unfortunately the market just doesn't seem to allow for more investment in decent mATX cases. The money is split between ITX and ATX, so mATX cases are usually compromised in some way (cheaply made, too big/small, poor cooling, etc).

It seems Corsair are killing two birds with one stone with the Air 240 - meeting the small size advantage of mATX and encouraging people to move to AIO liquid cooling (preferably theirs ;)). The only air coolers that seem sure to fit are the downwards orientated low profile ones and a few 92mm tower styles.

The Phanteks Evolv looks interesting, but it's not really to my tastes and will probably be a good deal more expensive.

It is a shame, but unfortunately the market just doesn't seem to allow for more investment in decent mATX cases. The money is split between ITX and ATX, so mATX cases are usually compromised in some way (cheaply made, too big/small, poor cooling, etc).

It seems Corsair are killing two birds with one stone with the Air 240 - meeting the small size advantage of mATX and encouraging people to move to AIO liquid cooling (preferably theirs ;)). The only air coolers that seem sure to fit are the downwards orientated low profile ones and a few 92mm tower styles.

The Phanteks Evolv looks interesting, but it's not really to my tastes and will probably be a good deal more expensive.

Definitely agree strongly with mATX being compromised. I am not really much of a fan of AIO liquid cooling, and I hold it partially responsible for the issues with mATX :p A great example is the Node 804 (as well as the Air 240). It should be perfect as the first chamber is big enough for good air cooling, but they made the second chamber wide enough for another big watercooling radiator. As such it's huge for mATX. A microwave in size..

Likewise any high-end mATX. AIO cooling "requirements" make them huge.

It's infuriating as the majority won't use the huge array of cooling options these cases offer, but to be reviewed as 'good' by all the tech sites/blogs that have access to enough radiators to cool the sun, they have to have a silly and unrealistic amount of cooling support.

Definitely agree strongly with mATX being compromised. I am not really much of a fan of AIO liquid cooling, and I hold it partially responsible for the issues with mATX :p A great example is the Node 804 (as well as the Air 240). It should be perfect as the first chamber is big enough for good air cooling, but they made the second chamber wide enough for another big watercooling radiator. As such it's huge for mATX. A microwave in size..

Likewise any high-end mATX. AIO cooling "requirements" make them huge.

It's infuriating as the majority won't use the huge array of cooling options these cases offer, but to be reviewed as 'good' by all the tech sites/blogs that have access to enough radiators to cool the sun, they have to have a silly and unrealistic amount of cooling support.

i agree, they dont really mark them down enough for being huge
clever use of space should be important

i agree, they dont really mark them down enough for being huge
clever use of space should be important

Absolutely. I mean look at the upcoming Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL. There are smaller cases that will take a full ATX board and as much watercooling as you'll ever realistically need.

I do like this case a lot, and what sold it to me was the picture showing it on its side configuration so to speak with the glass window on top!

The only thing really holding be back is its performance on cooling sli cards as I have no idea how it holds up but then with this case I guess my gpus should really be watercooled ^^

I do like this case a lot, and what sold it to me was the picture showing it on its side configuration so to speak with the glass window on top!

The only thing really holding be back is its performance on cooling sli cards as I have no idea how it holds up but then with this case I guess my gpus should really be watercooled ^^

Funny how the 'air' range has almost become the go-to watercooler :p

Air cooling performance will be great, I'm sure. Plenty of fan slots, unrestricted airflow and thermally isolated from the PSU.

This is one of the nicest looking cases on the market at the moment IMO. I'm ontemplating it for a X99 built in fact. I'd go Mini-ITX but most of those boards only come with a couple of memory DIMM slots and I'd want more than 16Gb for running virtual machines.

M-ATX is the way to go I reckon.

Looks great, but temperatures are not going to be fun with SLI/Crossfire...
Really wish manufacturers would go back to adding side fan mounts, it *really* helps with the GPUs.

If you're running SLI/crossfire then watercool where possible - the temp drops are insane anyway and it's the only way to have a really quiet rig.

Love the look of this case - would consider it for my wife's machine but for my main rig I always want the biggest damn case ever - so much easier to work on and I have so very many toys to fit into it :)

Back
Top Bottom