Corsair go air cooling

Associate
I haven't tried magnetic levitation fans but the idea sounds very good. I can imagine that they will be more quiet. I was thinking that this corsair air cooler would be useful to me (due to the RAM height clearance as you can slide the front fan up). As it has magnetic levitation fans then it sounds more appealing (unlike the price) - I will keep my eye on this and wait for a reduction.

Soldato
Looks like Corsair either failed to give damn in original design, or then "cost downed" it afterwards into direct contact.
Either way A500 doesn't comply with socket specifications for spaces reserved for different uses:

I haven't tried magnetic levitation fans but the idea sounds very good. I can imagine that they will be more quiet.
It's solution looking for problem:
Bearing noises have never been problem in good fans.
Also life span of any modern fan bearing is entirely long enough for home PC use.

In fact for their high price Corsair gives very short warranty, while Arctic gives 10 year warranty for P12/P14 PWMs.

Soldato
What an utter monstrosity of a cooler.

Why anyone would want this hanging off their mobo is beyond me.

if it fails like other air coolers its simple to replace unlike AIO pump failure ?

Fan rack mount it neat, but heatsink needs more execution . Thought looks like traditional Heatsink designs will go obsolete soon enough...

Soldato
What makes you say that, the siphon thing?

aye .

though still CPU coolers are still designed like they are being used with poor Static pressure fans . If they added V fins in between each aluminum stack/plate - like that on water radiators (between the copper water channels) , then surface volume increases tenfold . Even better having heatpipes soldered to copper plates - so maximum heat transfer away from CPU with aluminum fans between each plate for maximum heat dispersion (as it performs better then copper ) , you'd be onto a killer product , most like in range of £100 CLC but without any liquid failure nor the corrosion inside those copper and aluminum closed units .

Back
Top Bottom