Corsair H50 or Noctua NH-U12P

Associate
I have just swapped out my Noctua for the H50 - check my thread here as that might give you some idea.

Bear in mind though that I used the two Noctua P12 fans for the H50 and also that testing is so ar limited to first impressions only, but based on others findings here I would say that it's been a good upgrade.

Associate
Is soemthing im debating to i ideally want a air cooler as less that can go wrong but i like how small and effective the H50 is Vs a cooler that may have less to go wrong with it but be a massive thing stickin out and possibly straining my MB. Im also still debating to overclock myself or buy a bundle as i belive i can do it but worry id mess soemthing up.

Ps i think some of the other coolers are better than the noctua like the Xigmateks or Prolimatech Megahalems or even soem of the new Themalrights look good.

Permabanned
Is soemthing im debating to i ideally want a air cooler as less that can go wrong but i like how small and effective the H50 is Vs a cooler that may have less to go wrong with it but be a massive thing stickin out and possibly straining my MB. Im also still debating to overclock myself or buy a bundle as i belive i can do it but worry id mess soemthing up.

Ps i think some of the other coolers are better than the noctua like the Xigmateks or Prolimatech Megahalems or even soem of the new Themalrights look good.

Yeah, it's a tricky choice as if you do it yourself you have no guarantee of making it to 4GHz with these coolers.

Associate
I have just swapped out my Noctua for the H50 - check my thread here as that might give you some idea.

Bear in mind though that I used the two Noctua P12 fans for the H50 and also that testing is so ar limited to first impressions only, but based on others findings here I would say that it's been a good upgrade.

Thats a very nice clean setup, I'm inspired :)

Just curious why you have the h50 exhausting, won't that draw the warm air from inside the case over the radiator while intake would draw cool air from outside the case over the radiator? Or did you try both ways and find exhaust better?

Associate
Thats a very nice clean setup, I'm inspired :)

Just curious why you have the h50 exhausting, won't that draw the warm air from inside the case over the radiator while intake would draw cool air from outside the case over the radiator? Or did you try both ways and find exhaust better?

Forget that, I just watched the Silverstone fortress vid with the smoke machine.

Soldato
Si knows what he's doing, I very much doubt its for e-peen.

His thread suggests improving airflow by not having a large piece of metal blocking the top exhaust.

I agree that the corsair H50 is not something to be proud of, but its always good to have competition. Id rather a TRUE personally.

Associate
Can I ask why not a Megahalems? It's cheaper than an H50 and everyone agrees it works just as well.

I am using my Noctua on another build - so I needed a replacement and wanted to go water - and before anyone says... I know this isn't what might be considered true water cooling by many here, but it's the best option for the money according to the many reviews and user opinions I've read. And as I have limited experience with custom water loops I wanted the all-in-one solution.

Except it's not real e-peen, it's e-socks down the e-trousers.

Poor deluded people.

I think it's a shame that someone with your long standing on these forums will ask the question as above, but then before even getting an answer go on to ridicule those you ask the questions of. Makes me wonder why people bother.:mad:

Soldato
I am using my Noctua on another build - so I needed a replacement and wanted to go water - and before anyone says... I know this isn't what might be considered true water cooling by many here, but it's the best option for the money according to the many reviews and user opinions I've read. And as I have limited experience with custom water loops I wanted the all-in-one solution.

Zalman ZM WB5 - £15
Res+Pump Combo - £20
120mm Rad - £20
Fittings/Tubing etc - £10

Should be decent enough. Not all that hard to set up if i'm honest.

Soldato
H50.

I was so tempted to get air for my 965BE but eventually opted for the Corsair.

Simple to install and over the moon with the results.

I like the noctua. Run it with one fan, and cut a hole in the side of your case, and put the other fan there, blowing directly onto it.

Setup that way, a stock noctua beats a stock h-50, but obviously involves some case-modding.

Soldato
It'll be as good as or slightly better depending on the radiator and the pump. The MASSIVE advantage of doing it the way Superewza suggests is that you can buy a better rad/pump/block whenever the feeling takes you whereas the H50 is a dead-end.

I've never been much into water cooling so I'm not sure but I've been looking recently for a new silent cooling solution and been tempted by the noctua nh-d14 which seems to be best right now but looking at it's price which is around 60quid I think I could stretch to around 80-100 for entry watercooling build but is it really worth it?

Am I getting to get anything half decent (cpu only, no need gpu or mobo cooling ) under the budget of 100 pounds?

Could you recommend anything ?

Back
Top Bottom