Corsair ICUE 4000X RGB case and Corsair ICUE CPU cooler compatibility

Associate
hey gang, hope everything's treating you well.

am doing my first solo build in close to 20 years, so I feel like I'm learning how to ride a bike all over again haha. I wanna get the Corsair ICUE H150i Elite Capellix cpu cooler, as it looks awesome and I want it to match up with the other RGB fans on the case.

the case I have is the Corsair ICUE 4000X, which has two mounts for radiators: room for a 240mm radiator on the roof (which is being used by my 6900-XT) and room for a 360mm radiator on the front, so I'm "stuck" with using the front mount for this.

The issue that I have is how much using a radiator with fans on the front of the case will disrupt the airflow, as the fans are currently set up so the top and bottom fans draw air into the case while the middle fan pulls air that falls into the dead space between the top and bottom fans out of the case. I absolutely love this idea as it implies that you can create an area of high pressure within the case that will prevent dirt from sneaking in through other gaps, and I'd absolutely love to retain that feature.

has anyone got experience with this kinda setup, or can say "the radiators will do little to block air intake" and "the middle fan on the Corsair ICUE H150i sucks air out of the case while the top and bottom fans pull air into the case"

cheers in advance!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The set up you will be fine with rad front and top i would put a rear fan as intake rather than exhaust pushing cooler air in.

This should help cool the top rad with cooler air

Associate
OP
for anyone who's wondering the same: yes this is possible.

I've mounted my H100i over the top and middle fans from inside (so when you look at the front, you can't see the radiator), with the connection pipes on the bottom. I used the long screws provided in th H100i mounting kit, and had to precariously balance the top fan on top of the middle fan before holding the raddiator in place. Screw in from the front of the case through the fan mounts on the case, the fans, and into the radiator. Boom.

Can't believe I actually managed it tbh haha

Back
Top Bottom