**Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Gaming Headset Mini-Review** - Picture heavy

Soldato
I’ve just got some of these, and I have to say I’m not impressed.

First of all, the ear-pads are really hard and small compared to the ones on my HS1s. I’ve worn the HS1s for hours at a time and they’re great, but the pads that came on the 2000s feel like they should be on a £10 headset.

Secondly, the wireless performance is pretty dire. It’s fine when I’m sitting at my PC and the dongle is less than 1 metre away, but just now I went to do the washing up and the sound was just constantly crackling and cutting in and out. I live in a small apartment, so I was less that 15ft away from the dongle, and nearly had line of sight through 2 doors.

Maybe I’m unlucky and have a dud pair, but they really do not live up to the quality of my other Corsair products.

Associate
I’ve just got some of these, and I have to say I’m not impressed.

First of all, the ear-pads are really hard and small compared to the ones on my HS1s. I’ve worn the HS1s for hours at a time and they’re great, but the pads that came on the 2000s feel like they should be on a £10 headset.

Secondly, the wireless performance is pretty dire. It’s fine when I’m sitting at my PC and the dongle is less than 1 metre away, but just now I went to do the washing up and the sound was just constantly crackling and cutting in and out. I live in a small apartment, so I was less that 15ft away from the dongle, and nearly had line of sight through 2 doors.

Maybe I’m unlucky and have a dud pair, but they really do not live up to the quality of my other Corsair products.

Quite concerned about your response to be honest. I have had these for a few months now and I have nothing but good news for them. The wireless in unbelievable for myself, I can make it outside my back door which is handy. Never had a complaint about the wireless strength. I'd get them returned as 15ft just seems a different world to what I have experienced, dense walls?

Soldato
Quite concerned about your response to be honest. I have had these for a few months now and I have nothing but good news for them. The wireless in unbelievable for myself, I can make it outside my back door which is handy. Never had a complaint about the wireless strength. I'd get them returned as 15ft just seems a different world to what I have experienced, dense walls?
I live in a 4 year old apartment, my internal walls are practically cardboard.

I'm going to give it a few days of use, but it feels like they're made by a whole other company compared to my HS1s which have been brilliant for 2 years.

Soldato
Just sent two of these back to Corsair with the very well known cracking fault. Users of these should check them every couple of months to see if you have also fallen victim to the poor design.

They headset plastic above each of the cans on the band will crack as a stress factor and eventually fail making them unwearable. There is many many posts on the Corsair forum.
For those of you who do get this issue deal with OCuK not Corsair direct as they are open only from 4pm to midnight using skype and you need to badger them to pay for shipping to the Netherlands and your replacement pair will also fail.

Other than that the sound was decent but as above wireless range was poor and battery life around 8-9 hours. In the end corsair are refunding me the amount I bought them from Overclockers UK but this can take 4-6 weeks sigh

Associate
I'm kind of wary of getting these now... :( I was looking at getting them soon as I want to try out a wireless headset because my current wired one just gets in the way... Might look at a different one now though

Associate
I've just got mine, and they do seem quite well built, so just have to wait and see how long they last.

Wireless is not a big issue for me as i'm sat right next to my pc, so can even charge whilst using when needed. I wanted wireless as i'm sick off the wire coming lose or getting trapped when moving around etc.

Sound is actually very good imo. Just what i was looking for.

I'll see how they fair.

EDIT: No haribo :(

Permabanned
I've read in a few places that these have the same internals as the G930? Anyone can confirm?

I like the sound of the G930 but I think they're uncomfortable, if these are the same then I'll get them as I haven't seen anyone say they're uncomfortable.

Associate
Review is honest, I still use them today and still think they are awesome. Review was written 17th May 2012

This is promising! No crackling still?

How far do you think I could go in my house whilst wearing these and still get a good connection?

Rough layout from a side view!

$$____%%
__
££__@@##

$$ is about 4/5m from %% if you go in a straight line missing out walls

££ is about 10 from %% missing out walls

(This probably just looks like insanity)

$ = Brothers room
_ = Landing/stairs
£ = Living room
% = My room
@ Dining room
# = Kitchen

Associate
This is promising! No crackling still?

How far do you think I could go in my house whilst wearing these and still get a good connection?

$$____%%
__
££__@@##

$ = Brothers room
_ = Landing/stairs
£ = Living room
% = My room
@ Dining room
# = Kitchen

Truely baffled by your little 'key' you have going on but! I will say don't hesitate to buy these. I have had mine for a good 6 months and have not had a single issue. And as stated before, I can stand outside the other side of my house and still talk so the range is decent.

Associate
I concur. Had mine for a good 6 months as well and they are still great. Very comfortable (even though I wear glasses to game) and sound quality is excellent.

Even after all this time I still get about 10 hours play for each charge. If they were to ever break I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Associate
Truely baffled by your little 'key' you have going on but! I will say don't hesitate to buy these. I have had mine for a good 6 months and have not had a single issue. And as stated before, I can stand outside the other side of my house and still talk so the range is decent.

I thought it wouldn't make any sense to anyone but me. :( But oh well!

I concur. Had mine for a good 6 months as well and they are still great. Very comfortable (even though I wear glasses to game) and sound quality is excellent.

Even after all this time I still get about 10 hours play for each charge. If they were to ever break I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Both very positive about this headset. Seriously considering it as my next one now!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime

$$____%%
__
££__@@##

$ = Brothers room
_ = Landing/stairs
£ = Living room
% = My room
@ Dining room
# = Kitchen

opoqq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom