**Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Gaming Headset Mini-Review** - Picture heavy

Soldato
I’ve just got some of these, and I have to say I’m not impressed.

First of all, the ear-pads are really hard and small compared to the ones on my HS1s. I’ve worn the HS1s for hours at a time and they’re great, but the pads that came on the 2000s feel like they should be on a £10 headset.

Secondly, the wireless performance is pretty dire. It’s fine when I’m sitting at my PC and the dongle is less than 1 metre away, but just now I went to do the washing up and the sound was just constantly crackling and cutting in and out. I live in a small apartment, so I was less that 15ft away from the dongle, and nearly had line of sight through 2 doors.

Maybe I’m unlucky and have a dud pair, but they really do not live up to the quality of my other Corsair products.
Quoting myself for clarification.

I bought the 2000s as an upgrade when I had to RMA my HS1s. I've just received a pair of 1500s as a replacement for the HS1s, and they have the lovely soft ear pads that I'm used to. So it seems I was just unlucky with the 2000s and got a dodgy pair of ear pads.

With regard to the wireless quality, I have repositioned the dongle and have got an improvement over what I did, but still not as good as I was expecting. It will still cut out every now and again for a few seconds, which I was not expecting to happen in such a small apartment with paper thin walls.

Overall I'm now happier.

Back
Top Bottom