Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR 4 3000 MHz

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man ok rebooted for a second time since installing the beta version and it worked for about 20 seconds, allowed me to change it once, and also controlled the lighting of the RAM, but now has stopped working again, even after another reboot.

Soldato
@GIGA-Man ok rebooted for a second time since installing the beta version and it worked for about 20 seconds, allowed me to change it once, and also controlled the lighting of the RAM, but now has stopped working again, even after another reboot.

Seems like there getting closer. I have the same board and it's still very early on the bios and software for this board. Gigabyte needs to start releasing revisions asap not just for the software , but for ram compatibility. No updates at all since September 26th? Cmon gigabyte get on the ball.

Associate
OP
Hello Dr Delphi,

I have discussed this with my HQ, they has asked can you totally uninstall the RGB fusion software and try the 0919

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_grf_300series.zip

Simon, we are currently working to update the lists and there will be more very soon.

Hi Giga-Man,

That seems to have fixed the colours of the board, its still not fully talking to the RAM but does seem to be able to be selected at least in the options. There is now a noticeable hum as the colours are sent to the board before they change which is interesting. Thanks for all your help!

Associate
Hi Giga-Man,

That seems to have fixed the colours of the board, its still not fully talking to the RAM but does seem to be able to be selected at least in the options. There is now a noticeable hum as the colours are sent to the board before they change which is interesting. Thanks for all your help!

Okay keep me updated if the hum persists, the BETA version is still being tweaked so there should be another new version soon. In regards to the memory read, write issues you were seeing we have done some testing and I have been passed a new BIOS for you to try. This is F4c, I have included the screen shots of the testing in the same folder for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi4rwo3b5eaf033/AAClgwwgd3pkkiR4vnDweB-Xa?dl=0

Associate
OP
Okay keep me updated if the hum persists, the BETA version is still being tweaked so there should be another new version soon. In regards to the memory read, write issues you were seeing we have done some testing and I have been passed a new BIOS for you to try. This is F4c, I have included the screen shots of the testing in the same folder for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi4rwo3b5eaf033/AAClgwwgd3pkkiR4vnDweB-Xa?dl=0

Thanks, I've just tested the new BIOS and definitely seems to be a significant improvement in RAM speeds:

8hks7cv.png

Much better, just still can't sync with the RAM LEDs though now - I've just tried changing the static colour, and its made the RAM in the first DIMM slot start flashing in the colour it was.

Associate
Thanks, I've just tested the new BIOS and definitely seems to be a significant improvement in RAM speeds:

8hks7cv.png

Much better, just still can't sync with the RAM LEDs though now - I've just tried changing the static colour, and its made the RAM in the first DIMM slot start flashing in the colour it was.

Glad the new BIOS has made an improvement, I know our R&D team a busy working away on improving the timings... In regards to RGB, we are working on the new BETA version, I have also contacted Corsair too to see if they have any recommendations.

Associate
Okay, I have been talking to my test guys again about your RGB woes. The have asked if you would do the following for them...

Try to update the EasyTune Service to the latest

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6WzjHBRvBLJRDN3ZTczRFF4MTQ/view?usp=sharing

If the issue is still there, please provide us the SPD_Dump.XML file, locate at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\SPD_Dump.XML

Associate
OP
Okay, I have been talking to my test guys again about your RGB woes. The have asked if you would do the following for them...

Try to update the EasyTune Service to the latest

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6WzjHBRvBLJRDN3ZTczRFF4MTQ/view?usp=sharing

If the issue is still there, please provide us the SPD_Dump.XML file, locate at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\SPD_Dump.XML

Thanks for your help @GIGA-Man this seems to have solved all the issues now and the RAM is changing with both the gigabyte tool and the corsair tool! I presume that when the next updates for the software come out these changes will have been rolled into them?

Back
Top Bottom