Could anyone tell me if this is a word

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
lol, im glad thats there been more responses to this!

i clearly know that the word doesnt exist, there have been a debate with my brother, and he seems to think that it exist and have taken his time to "find" the word in use, i told him, if he had to find it, it obviously doesnt exist! he even said that dictionary.com and google is wrong, but yet he says that hes right cus he found that book on google! makes me laugh!

If it aint in the dictionary it doesnt mean it aint a word. For example im from somerset and we got all sorts of words that is not in there.
Gert
Fostering
t'isnt
t'is
t'wasnt

All you non somerset people see if you can make out the above:)

the last 3 from the list are a form of talking though, theyre not actually "words" its like saying "he has 2 cakes and 1 bun in'nor" which really is "he has 2 cakes and 1 bun and all" its the way to say to how to write which is different.;)

Associate
Its either a typo

or

I have found that mathematicians tend to make up words in their documents...to convey their meaning...Isn't that how coining words phrases works anyway? I remember one of my CS teachers used to make up words that he felt conveyed a better meaning than what was available in the dictionary. So it could be a word someone tried to launch.

Soldato
Encounting

- no dictionary results
Did you mean Encountering?

- no thesaurus results
Did you mean Accounting?

- no reference results

Soldato
It is obviously just a typo.

Just tell the person to tell you what the word means. Then take them to a professor / over person with brain and get them to say the word.

????

Profit with them looking like a twit!

Seriously though, no it isn't.

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
It is obviously just a typo.

Just tell the person to tell you what the word means. Then take them to a professor / over person with brain and get them to say the word.

????

Profit with them looking like a twit!

Seriously though, no it isn't.

haha, i think i dont have to take him to a prof to tell him that its not a word. i told him to ask anyone with a sense of education and see what they would reply or laugh in his face :D

Back
Top Bottom