Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
I haven't played for a couple of years and I dipped in for a few games yesterday. I know my reflexes aren't what they used to be, but are there a lot of cheaters out there, or am I just rubbish?

There was one round where a Russian named player got a headshot literally every kill. Watching the kill cam and subsequent kills, it just looked so dodgy.

If you’re playing casual, then yes, there are a heap of cheaters unfortunately.

Soldato
I haven't played for a couple of years and I dipped in for a few games yesterday. I know my reflexes aren't what they used to be, but are there a lot of cheaters out there, or am I just rubbish?

There was one round where a Russian named player got a headshot literally every kill. Watching the kill cam and subsequent kills, it just looked so dodgy.

Yep, so many dodgy players out there and usually all with Russian names.

@RossGReds Faceit for me is either full of smufs with 4000+ hours or i'm really just not good enough for even level 1 :p Also got your friend request cheers mate, drop me a message if you see me online :)

If anyone is ever looking for a game feel free to hop into my Discord to see if anyone is in the CSGO Channels :)https://discord.gg/qsq83at8rj

Associate
Don't worry mate, I can go from topping the scoreboard with a KD of 3 one game to going 3-20 the next game depending on how tired I am after work :cry:

I've just gone from Level 2 to 1 after a losing streak of about 6 games haha, all we care about is trying to have decent games without hackers or smurfs, which we only tend to get 25% of the time :(

Steam code is: 27268660 so feel free to add :)
Sounds just like how we play haha :cry: I used to be so consistent with the AWP, nowadays I need to mess with everything to see what kind of day I'm having...

We only really play MM, my friend had his ping setting on 150 so we always got Russians, every. single. game. He lowered it and now we don't get nearly.as many cheats... The downside is we now play vs the really good Swedish and Dutch :cry:

I'll add you when I'm next on my PC for sure

Soldato
Found myself back into this again. Used to play religiously back in 2015-2018.

Had to whip out my 1080p 1444Hz monitor as ultra wide with low refresh just wasn’t cutting it.

Group of us just main office though for a bit of get together.

Soldato
Little post to say i'm proud to be GNM now!

Changed from the Logitech G604 to the X Pro Superlight and a G915TKL and i'm hoping it's not just a palcebo! :cry:

Still spending a fair amount of time finding the right sensitivity, currently at 1.4 in game and 500dpi and thinking of going lower still as i'm old and have shaky hands.

Just feel like my mouse is all over the place, especially in pistol round with the USP.

Associate
Little post to say i'm proud to be GNM now!

Changed from the Logitech G604 to the X Pro Superlight and a G915TKL and i'm hoping it's not just a palcebo! :cry:

Still spending a fair amount of time finding the right sensitivity, currently at 1.4 in game and 500dpi and thinking of going lower still as i'm old and have shaky hands.

Just feel like my mouse is all over the place, especially in pistol round with the USP.
Thats quite a low sensitivity, but everybody has their own preference.
I play at 400dpi and 2.0 in game.

Soldato
Thats quite a low sensitivity, but everybody has their own preference.
I play at 400dpi and 2.0 in game.
Low for sure, interestingly quite a few of the older pros like Karrigan use an eDPI similar, do think it helps keep the crosshair stable.

I lose the ability to spin 180 to take an engagement, but 9 times out of 10 you're going to lose that fight anyway so i'd rather have the benefits personally!

Soldato
Fine to be low sens if you have a big desk to move the mouse a lot. Grtz on Nova Master. USP is a case of less is more, some prefer the glock for its capacity but a perfect HS with the USP is probably the ideal.
tec9 is worth buying again now. I consider my sens very low and Im about 1.81 similar dpi, mostly because I need that fine adjustment some can make high sens work and accurate

Truely ancient vid, still valid

Last edited:
Permabanned
Been thinking of getting back into this but I have been enjoying my saner self, I have way too much passion and Fire behind me which makes things stressful at times, perhaps why I never got further than Supreme in rank.
But I do miss the feeling of being skillful on a level playing field, it's awesome to have good competition.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fine to be low sens if you have a big desk to move the mouse a lot. Grtz on Nova Master. USP is a case of less is more, some prefer the glock for its capacity but a perfect HS with the USP is probably the ideal.
tec9 is worth buying again now. I consider my sens very low and Im about 1.81 similar dpi, mostly because I need that fine adjustment some can make high sens work and accurate

I think I prefer the glock as you can really get in a CTs face and put the pressure on them hitting that headshot. Like I said, still feel like my sens to a bit too high to have that really stable crosshair for USP one taps.

Been thinking of getting back into this but I have been enjoying my saner self, I have way too much passion and Fire behind me which makes things stressful at times, perhaps why I never got further than Supreme in rank.
But I do miss the feeling of being skillful on a level playing field, it's awesome to have good competition.

More than welcome to join me buddy, I don't take it too seriously but I do like to at least try and win. Had a rough few days tbh with what seem like smurfs or suspect cheaters but I normally will just move to practicing different tactics or weapons if i'm getting clapped so at least it can be some what productive.

My transition from Supreme in 2019 to Silver Elite Master in 2022 is complete. I can finally play without sweating about my rank. Far happier at this level.

Haha, I give it two weeks before your getting tilted again, it's what CSGO does best :cry:

Permabanned
I think I prefer the glock as you can really get in a CTs face and put the pressure on them hitting that headshot. Like I said, still feel like my sens to a bit too high to have that really stable crosshair for USP one taps.

More than welcome to join me buddy, I don't take it too seriously but I do like to at least try and win. Had a rough few days tbh with what seem like smurfs or suspect cheaters but I normally will just move to practicing different tactics or weapons if i'm getting clapped so at least it can be some what productive.

Haha, I give it two weeks before your getting tilted again, it's what CSGO does best :cry:
Played 3 matches, uninstalled.
It's not for me anymore.
First game I played kinda eh, lost, had no beef. Seemed fair.
Won 2nd match only just, ranked into GN3.

Went 47-3-14 with 109 total score, reported to hell and back because my Rank is GN3 and the last time I played I was Supreme.
I lost that game, dude on the other team insta headshotting everyone.

Forgot to mention I was deranked after that match too and had this completely defeated maniacal laugh...

Bye bye CSGO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played 3 matches, uninstalled.
It's not for me anymore.
First game I played kinda eh, lost, had no beef. Seemed fair.
Won 2nd match only just, ranked into GN3.

Went 47-3-14 with 109 total score, reported to hell and back because my Rank is GN3 and the last time I played I was Supreme.
I lost that game, dude on the other team insta headshotting everyone.

Forgot to mention I was deranked after that match too and had this completely defeated maniacal laugh...

Bye bye CSGO.

I imagine that your rank might be flying up and down as it's still adjusting maybe?

Solo queuing is not the way to go with this, it's enough to drive anyone mad! If you have 3+ players on a team communicating well it's a hard feeling to beat in gaming!

Also I mainly play short matches these days, with so many games going down the toilet in the first few rounds it helps not being stuck in a game for over an hour!

Last edited:
Associate
Low for sure, interestingly quite a few of the older pros like Karrigan use an eDPI similar, do think it helps keep the crosshair stable.

I lose the ability to spin 180 to take an engagement, but 9 times out of 10 you're going to lose that fight anyway so i'd rather have the benefits personally!
I play(ed, we gave up on CS for a while, playing other games atm) at 1 and 400 DPI and I can 180 :cool:

Just ignore the fact that it takes half of my desk to do the 180...

Soldato
Recently played CS after 4 years of inactivity… After my first win I was ranked LEM and got absolutely ruined.

My aim is so off the mark from my general inactivity of FPS games where I don’t think I could ever get back to where I was :(

Think I will remember the good times and leave it there.

Last edited:
Associate
Recently played CS after 4 years of inactivity… After my first win I was ranked LEM and got absolutely ruined.

My aim is so off the mark from my general inactivity of FPS games where I don’t think I could ever get back to where I was :(

Think I will remember the good times and leave it there.
The ranks are messed up at the moment. They did another reset and I got my rank back as DMG.

All my.games were wild, I played with and against Globals who couldn't control any recoil and had no map awareness.

My friend and I have given up on CS anyway, it's too demoralising knowing we're nowhere near as good as we're as teens... We play casual games like Rogue Company now

Back
Top Bottom