Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
Congrats on a British core getting to the quarter finals but its clear BLAST dont like them. Been matched against Faze, Ence and now World #1 Vitality. How is that remotely fair. :cry:

I appreciate none of the quarters are easy but ITB have had to play probably 3 of the top 4 favourites so far. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Congrats on a British core getting to the quarter finals but its clear BLAST dont like them. Been matched against Faze, Ence and now World #1 Vitality. How is that remotely fair. :cry:

I appreciate none of the quarters are easy but ITB have had to play probably 3 of the top 4 favourites so far. :eek:

I believe the draws are done via seeding and the Buchholz syste

Soldato
Given the way some of these teams have been playing I dont think it matters.. How Faze managed to scrape through is anyones guess really.

The state of competitive CS at the moment!

Associate
Can anyone recommend any decent custom aim maps got back into pc gaming again and could do with fine tuning the aim. I can remember on cs 1.6 and css they was aim maps had a good one on css looked like lego etc :D or is this a thing of the past?

Soldato
last month it was Stavn now its TeSeS at this rate I will be wrecking the entire Heroic team!
nKq8WSs.jpg

Soldato
Someone else posted these on discord, I'll copy them across because its very easy to just subscribe. It will then appear in game for custom map options etc. I need to practise the recoil one everyday I estimate.

Im mostly playing Tuscan & practising mp9 post ump nerf because its still 'new' to me and I cba with MM till we get the new stuff like open sky boxes on every map etc. Actually the base design (of Tuscan) is de_cpl_mil from the famous 'door stuck' video, its like as well trodden and old as the old dust1 was. Mapcore on Faceit if you are bored, map makers like the Mirage maker test maps there. Its nicer then the general pop of faceit imo. another cpl map

CS2 no idea when, reddit is rip so who knows detail

Associate
Can anyone recommend any decent custom aim maps got back into pc gaming again and could do with fine tuning the aim. I can remember on cs 1.6 and css they was aim maps had a good one on css looked like lego etc :D or is this a thing of the past?
I quite like using this to go along with regular aim maps.

Quote from workshop page:
"The map will be procedurally generated anew for each run out of elements from existing competitive maps. Each time the positions of objects on the map and enemies will be different, forcing you to constantly adapt to the situation and not letting you get bored. Bots will strafe, use flashes and attack you at the most inconvenient moment. You'll have to check every position."

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Last night, I headshot someone with a jump-shot in competitive, then at the end of the match got dropped the "Jump-Shot" graffiti!

Can't be a coincidence, right? CS must have these types of things coded in, yeh?

Soldato
Bit unconvential to mention this but if you are waiting for CS2 to come out. This is on sale today and should be enjoyed by anyone who likes CS :

Its on sale for another hour. If you miss it this time, it'll probably be discounted in a future sale also. Easy multiplayer basically.
I much prefer it to the original version.

I would guess August for CS2 but I think it'll be work in progress this whole year imo, converting maps etc.

Associate
Does anyone know of any videos/articles that go over the balancing/game changes over the years?
I used to play 1.6 and CSS loads, but have rarely dipped into CS:GO. It'd be nice to see the key changes discussed as it feels like such a different beast now, though I haven't played GO enough to tell if much has changed with it since launch.

Back
Top Bottom