Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Soldato
Could someone tell me if im going nuts or not? Ive put on counterstrike for the first time in probably about 5 years, im sure my right button used to give a slight zoom on weapons, centering the view, but i might be mixing it up with other shooters ive played in the period between.

For weapons like the carbine, is there a something to make it look down the sights?

Could someone tell me if im going nuts or not? Ive put on counterstrike for the first time in probably about 5 years, im sure my right button used to give a slight zoom on weapons, centering the view, but i might be mixing it up with other shooters ive played in the period between.

For weapons like the carbine, is there a something to make it look down the sights?

Only works with some guns. All versions of CS from 1.5 upwards (earliest one I played) have been like that.

The two examples I can think of are The Bullpip and the Kreig552(?)

Soldato
I don't see why they couldn't have graphics like MW2 a few new maps and some extra game types, They constantly need to attract new gamers to keep the game alive and gamers coming to CS for the first time after playing COD games arn't going to stay long.

and thats a bad thing?

Soldato
Graphics are good on CS Source although in future valve should improve on them. That aside imo CS Source has the best fps gameplay. Everything feels so smooth and fluid:cool:.

Caporegime
I don't see why they couldn't have graphics like MW2 a few new maps and some extra game types, They constantly need to attract new gamers to keep the game alive and gamers coming to CS for the first time after playing COD games arn't going to stay long.

Valve keep giving CSS away free with their other games, it's over 6 years old and still has about the same number of players as mw2.

The players don't really care about gfx and it's not really a money spinner for valve either.

They just update cs/make a new one with each new engine.

Soldato
I was playing counter strike source fine in the morning. However just now I clicked on cs source icon and it told me that the game is updating. After updating finished i clicked on one of the servers and it told me that it is running an older version of the game, so I couldn't connect to it. Tried other servers and same story. What is happening?:(.

Soldato
Valve keep giving CSS away free with their other games, it's over 6 years old and still has about the same number of players as mw2.

The players don't really care about gfx and it's not really a money spinner for valve either.

They just update cs/make a new one with each new engine.

Yeah, CSS was a showcase for the Source engine, and it's still a looker to this day :) I remember being incredibly impressed by the texture work on some of the maps, especially de_dust.

Associate
Hey,

Does anyone have a good config? Since the new updates I keep getting shot around walls with my body a few metres away from where I was killed :( Tried some of the configs and I'm just making it worse :p

Caporegime
What on earth are they doing now?!?

Does anyone know what commands you have to use to get the crosshair like it would be if you used cl_crosshairscale 3400

I got the size right I think but then when I tried to make it a bit thicker it turned circular. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom