Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Permabanned
So they've ****** it?

why not leave the bloody thing alone?

66 tick rate? That's the clan communities out of the game then.

What a bunch of dicks. When was the last time anyone updated CSS? They should have just kept their trouts out and left it as is.

It is only fans and clans who play it now anyway - who were obviously happy to keep playing.

Bit late in the day for achievements is it not?

Map list is completely rubbish and childlike. I know you can change it back but why bother to do this in the first place? Scoreboard is crap.

I've also lost about 20-30 fps on average per map with spiking and its running marginally slower its annoying, that is if I can find any maps I want to play now.

It isn't going to attract more people to the game, and further sales are hardly going to be of great value when the game is old and priced as such.

What a way to **** up a classic game. :rolleyes:

In one swift move they have just removed years of diversity in the game and maps. Servers are also disconnecting, and some serious graphics glitches.

VAC servers are also down/shaky!? hahaha. :rolleyes:

I normally don't bothered but I APPLAUD you steam/source.

Seriously 1/10 for insight and effort.

Last edited:
Soldato
So they've ****** it?

why not leave the bloody thing alone?

66 tick rate? That's the clan communities out of the game then.

What a bunch of dicks. When was the last time anyone updated CSS? They should have just kept their trouts out and left it as is.

It is only fans and clans who play it now anyway - who were obviously happy to keep playing.

Playing devil here a little, but...

1) Err, no they haven't? Stop reading some of the nonsense in this thread...

2) 66 is the new standard tick rate I believe, but I'm sure you can change it...

3) Lol

4) Who else plays games? Fans mostly? If you didn't like the game then why would you play it.

Soldato
I'm ****ed because they seem to have removed the option to have a CSS name which is not your steam name.

So what I tag myself as in CSS is what appears on my friends list.

Clantags in friends... oh yeah

Soldato
Just did mine without any issues. No servers seem to work though so had a quick bash in singleplayer. After 3+ years off I'm a little rusty to say the least!

Permabanned
^ a lot of servers aren't running that well.

its also quite a small list, and standard maps generally..

Playing devil here a little, but...

1) Err, no they haven't? Stop reading some of the nonsense in this thread...

2) 66 is the new standard tick rate I believe, but I'm sure you can change it...

3) Lol

4) Who else plays games? Fans mostly? If you didn't like the game then why would you play it.

1) these are my own opinions ...they have at least for the short term and the changes are not necessary.

2) the new standard tick rate? why is it standard? why do they feel the need to come back and standardise this now? and why is it always standard to 66 these days? not exactly an improvement.

I'm sure all those thousand of servers were doing fine before hand.

I'd rather something to deal with varations in people rates, than server tick rates.

3) lol at you. Am I not allowed an opinion? CSS is about the only game I play a decent amount, and they've felt the need to go back and turn it into a five year olds game like left4dead?

Bizzarely.

4) I don't get the point in this statement.

Changing the menus, taking maps out of the community and a half dozon achievements are not going to change the marmite aspect to the game.

This isn't going to make thousands more come in droves to the community.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm ****ed because they seem to have removed the option to have a CSS name which is not your steam name.

So what I tag myself as in CSS is what appears on my friends list.

Clantags in friends... oh yeah

Can you still get 'name' to work in console? Its not changing anything for me (in game or steam).

well... :(

what are developers problems with thriving clan communities these days?

what are they scared of?

Soldato
I never used the name command. I'm talking about the text box that was in the first page of the original menu of options where you could set your CSS name.

Now you have to tab out of the game, go to the STEAM options and change your account name if you want a different in-game name. Instead of being able to have an account name and a different in-game name.

Permabanned
hmmm i'm having a few problems with commands could be the way that all the servers that are working are temporarily setup. not sure yet.

i've been over at steamforums and it looks like i'm by far the only one, and at least others are reporting erratic performance problems.. but still. :/

How can you bust the performance of CSS on modern machines? Some people with i7's are having problems. thats obscene and sloppy! Seriously though..

advice seems to be lower resolutions atm. PAH!

you can have the game back. :mad:

Last edited:
OcUK server is running. Just standard game with basic map rotation atm, will update sourcemod and the map cycle/plugins etc this evening. In the mean time feel free to use it. The IP is in the First post of this thread and on the ocuk steam group. :)

Don
Great :)

I love achievements, I wish they had better ones in L4D, the TF2 ones that unlock other weapons are awesome :D

They should put all of the CS guns in L4D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's alright. They haven't "ruined" anything at all.

66 tick is a bit stupid. Why don't they just let server admins decide what rates they want to run on THEIR servers? It's not as if rate checking is hard anyway. Oh and I lost about 30 fps. :p

Associate
It's alright. They haven't "ruined" anything at all.

66 tick is a bit stupid. Why don't they just let server admins decide what rates they want to run on THEIR servers? It's not as if rate checking is hard anyway. Oh and I lost about 30 fps. :p

Try putting this in your autoexec might help your fps :

rate "35000"
cl_cmdrate "66"
cl_updaterate "66"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
Mat_queue_mode "2"

Associate
Just thought I would clarify the 66 tickrate thing.

66 tick is not the "standard".

66 tick is the ONLY option now, you cannot change this to 33 or to 100.

Apparantly this is their solution to improve hit registry.

Permabanned
Performance issues fair enough but complaining about anything else is pathetic as it affects you in no way, bunch of huge girls.

Performance issues fair enough but complaining about anything else is pathetic as it affects you in no way, bunch of huge girls.

How can you say it effects me in no way? I didn't realise you were me? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: How omniscient of you tombo.

Most of these comments seem to be coming from people who aren't majorly into the scene or are generic game hopers anyway..

I play the game competatively, of course it effects me.

Mainly, I don't like the new 'feel'.

censorship (ragdol)? why do the sprites just fall down like a rock after 6 years of flying around when shot/naded? why is this needed now? the game is 18 rated anyway! Lets have a pillow fight instead yeah?

i've dropped anywhere between 40-50 fps.. WHY? (yes orangebox code, however it is graphically not that impressive over source engine) so again. WHY?

our clan server has problems from mani plug in to weapons themes sounds and other scripts all now junk.

can't see who is talking on mic, can't mute them either

wierd recoil bugs / gun issues such as hits and scope noises missing etc

net code issues

shadows and guns clip though walls

lag on almost every server I've managed to get on since yesterday

66 tick rate effects me. (door speeds etc)

bhop and surf!!! coded out of existance!

configs don't work anymore

horrendous negative mouse acceleration

net_graph 3 being something akin to nasa effects me as I can't use it anymore

Not being able to have a differing name to my steam account is going to be a nightmare when I'm trying to ghost server to boot stupid players. I basically won't be able to.

maps/mods (zombie mod, minigames, gungames etc) all not working and could take months and months to get back to where it was for variety, if the modders can be bothered.. Would have been so hard for them to let the community know IN ADVANCE? Valve should have really let the community prepare for this. CSS is ONLY alive today, whether or not Valve recognizes it, is because of the modding community.

The other thing about tick rates, what about all those people and clans that pay for 100 tick servers?

Over 30,000 servers! This is going to cause some hassle in the industry. For what, to apparently 'fix' the 'reg' problems? Well it hasn't.

I wanted to play vanilla CSS about 6 years ago, who the **** wants to do as such now?

If I wanted some gay ass ******* achievements I would have bought wow.

This is only going to bring in casual players which will wreck CSS gameplay.

Why the hell we need this crap after 6 YEARS? What is next step, iron sights, perks, vehicles and removing dedicated servers feature ala MW2? CSS isn't TF2 either.

This has turned thousands of servers into paperweights in the mean time.

So come and tell me again that this doesn't effect me tombo. :rolleyes:

My favourite game and clan have been completely wrecked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try putting this in your autoexec might help your fps :

rate "35000"
cl_cmdrate "66"
cl_updaterate "66"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
Mat_queue_mode "2"

Cool, thanks. :)

Associate
People go on about people whining about changes etc, but really Biohazard has just made an extremely convincing post detailing why this update is rubbish.

Also to add to it, the most anoying thing i found is when you bump into another player you suddenly develope severe Alzheimers and basically shake into a jittering mess on the floor.

why fix what isn't broke.

Last edited:
Soldato
Updates to the Source Engine.....

That must be some update for no visual improvements (to me anyway)....

Stress test frames per second pre update ~380fps

Stress test frames per second post update ~160fps

WTF!!!!!!!

Having said that, during in game its still a rock solid 60fps, so not really important, and i do like the changes overall.

Back
Top Bottom