• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** COUPLE OF VERY NICE KFA2 DEALS ON 1060 & 1070!!!

Associate
Don't think anyone ever took the March/April time-frame seriously. Simply doesn't match what Nvidia have done in the past.

Mid-year announcement, with Aug.-Sept. availability was always on the cards, barring any major hiccups.

Sorry if you disagree, Gibbo, but buying two-year tech. at these currently still stupid prices makes no sense whatsoever. No harm in waiting just 2-3 months now to see how things pad out. And watching the tumbling prices of 1080's on eBay, it would seem that most people feel the same way. :)

Absolutely. Dumping £800+ on a 1080Ti at this point doesn't seem smart.

I can see 70 and 80 coming out this year no problem, 1080Ti is only just over a year old though so I don't think we'll see the next one until next year, which gives plenty of more time for the Ti sales yet.

If the 1180 is faster than the 1080Ti (which historically it has been) while costing less why would the latter continue to sell other than at heavily discounted prices?

Soldato
Have you inadvertently revealed no 1180 release this year? :p

We know no AMD cards until 2019.

What pressure are nV under to release the 11 series this year? Sure they will need to release at some point. But when the 10 series are selling consistently and well, what point in bringing anything new to market? A market with no competition?
NV released the Pascal cards hardly under any pressure.
Part of me also thinks they'd not want their gaming GPU's to be too far out of sync with what's being manufactured for other industries. We all know Volta is out there in the wild. I think NV are a little different than say Intel, when it comes to watching the competition closely and planning development of products and even releases around what they do.
I always buy NV but wont do themselves any favours if they just release based on what they gaming competitors are doing. NV are pushing ahead for other industries so I expect the progress made will come through to gaming customers, regardless of where their gaming competitors are at. Recently NV has shown this is how they tend to work I think, ie, 1080 Ti was released when it wasn't really needed, no competition. They could have just left the 1080 and TXP to fill the high end market but they gave their Ti fanbase a new card.

What better way to put it to your competitors and impress all your customers than push them even further behind? There's also the huge £ to be made from those upgrading GPU's, NV know there's a huge upgrade cycle may go through as soon as a new gen arrives

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's come from an insider now apparently, it's July :p (probably BS still tho).
2 year old tech, still miles better than AMD stuff but surely they cannot drag it out for another year

One of the problems these days is that nVidia and to an extent AMD have diversified - a lot of information you could piece together from things like memory orders, etc. but now it might be for an AI product or driving related stuff or a prototype for something completely different like a new Shield type device, etc.

Back
Top Bottom