COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
So in other words you cant debunk anything that I have said - all of which, lets face it, has been subject to numerous investigations and reporting...

I wasn't trying to debunk anything you said specifically - just commentary on CapitalOne's general take on your posting style which has a history of sycophantic attachment to the Tory party.

Soldato
I wasn't trying to debunk anything you said specifically - just commentary on CapitalOne's general take on your posting style which has a history of sycophantic attachment to the Tory party.

Just posting the facts rather than the leftie twitter hysteria..

CapitalOne keeps messaging me to set up an only fans page so please dont encourage them.

Man of Honour
After dodging it (as far as we know) for over two years my wife finally succumbed to it last week and then I tested positive on Tuesday. Started as a sore throat, then feeling weak for a day or so and a cough. Touch wood, I'm feeling slightly better already three days in. If it wasn't for the government guidance, then if I tested negative I'd probably go into work tomorrow as originally planned. Our youngest child (unvaccinated) has a cough but is testing negative.

Associate
I am currently in South Africa. It's such a shame that so many of the population are anti vax.

I am triple vaccinated from Canada with my booster done in December last year. They offer anti body tests here for a cheap price so I just thought why not do it to see if I am still protected.

I had a very good protection actually considering when I had my booster.

Anyway the pharmacist said he recommends I have my next booster and to go to the other side of the store and have it. I explained that I didn't want to take a precious vaccine from a local and he said to just do it as they are available. Gave my details and not even 5 minutes later was leaving having had my booster.

I have still not been offered the booster in Canada so I can't believe that South Africa have got it so good that you can have your boosters whenever needed rather than when your age groups turn comes around.

Soldato
I am currently in South Africa. It's such a shame that so many of the population are anti vax.

I am triple vaccinated from Canada with my booster done in December last year. They offer anti body tests here for a cheap price so I just thought why not do it to see if I am still protected.

I had a very good protection actually considering when I had my booster.

Anyway the pharmacist said he recommends I have my next booster and to go to the other side of the store and have it. I explained that I didn't want to take a precious vaccine from a local and he said to just do it as they are available. Gave my details and not even 5 minutes later was leaving having had my booster.

I have still not been offered the booster in Canada so I can't believe that South Africa have got it so good that you can have your boosters whenever needed rather than when your age groups turn comes around.
I think your first sentence explains your last paragraph. Also a contributory factor is that South Africa has a relatively young population and a climate that is preferable to our northern cooler climes.
Targeting the most vulnerable was the right choice at the beginning of the pandemic. Now it could be as or when convenient to the traveller. I expect as a person retired, it will be late summer or early autumn for me (UK season).

Soldato
People (mainly elderly) need to get rid of this attitude of cough = covid, out of their heads. I am having a difficult time with hay fever and asthma at the moment. Plus voice is different. Had a coughing fit in a shop yesterday. Two ladies said to me its dreadful I was shopping with that cough.

Customers should not tell shop staff, such as myself, what to do regarding face masks. I reckon most wear theirs a few hours a week, when they shopped, go to medical places. Whereas, we wore ours for the hours we work plus the few hours the customers wear them.

Soldato
I do wish people (not msinly elderly) would stop using people (mainly elderly) as description for people worried about mask wearing and covid and coughing. Patently from looking at this thread and it's predecessors it is people (of all ages) who have concerns over people (of all ages) coughing near to them with or without wearing a mask or being in the same building and coughing. :p ;)

I have a really deep and permanent cough which is caused by a post nasal drip.

It apparently sounds like a smokers cough even though I stopped smoking 8 years ago.

It's always a joy being in a shop and then suddenly having a massive coughing fit.

The people scatter with a look of fear and alarm on their faces. :rolleyes:

I tell them it's not the virus but it gets a bit frustrating having to explain myself that I'm not infectious.

Soldato

“Based on advice from UKHSA, we the UK Chief Medical Officers and NHS England Medical Director have recommended to ministers that COVID Alert Level should move from level 4 to level 3.

“The current BA.2 driven Omicron wave is subsiding. Direct COVID-19 healthcare pressures continue to decrease in all nations and ONS community positivity estimates continue to decrease.

“We would like to thank healthcare staff for their remarkable efforts during a challenging time. Whilst it is reasonable to expect the number of cases to increase due to BA.4, BA.5 or BA2.12.1, it is unlikely in the immediate future to lead to significant direct COVID pressures. This will continue to be kept under review.”

Good news..

Man of Honour
We've got two people off at work again with COVID after a few weeks of it being quiet on that front. One of them had it not that long ago as well - possibly a third time I can't remember if the first one they had it or off because a household member had it. Just as I thought we might be getting clear of it for the summer locally.

Soldato
We've got two people off at work again with COVID after a few weeks of it being quiet on that front. One of them had it not that long ago as well - possibly a third time I can't remember if the first one they had it or off because a household member had it. Just as I thought we might be getting clear of it for the summer locally.My employer has just started to count covid towards sickness levels after
My employer has only started to count covid as a sickness - the first time for 26 months. Had colleagues who had the spring 2020, Delta and Omicron variants.

Man of Honour
My employer has only started to count covid as a sickness - the first time for 26 months. Had colleagues who had the spring 2020, Delta and Omicron variants.

Annoyingly, in line with government guidelines, we've relaxed the sickness policy at work. I don't see anything good coming of it.

Soldato
People (mainly elderly) need to get rid of this attitude of cough = covid, out of their heads. I am having a difficult time with hay fever and asthma at the moment. Plus voice is different. Had a coughing fit in a shop yesterday. Two ladies said to me its dreadful I was shopping with that cough.

Customers should not tell shop staff, such as myself, what to do regarding face masks. I reckon most wear theirs a few hours a week, when they shopped, go to medical places. Whereas, we wore ours for the hours we work plus the few hours the customers wear them.

I have a really deep and permanent cough which is caused by a post nasal drip.

It apparently sounds like a smokers cough even though I stopped smoking 8 years ago.

It's always a joy being in a shop and then suddenly having a massive coughing fit.

The people scatter with a look of fear and alarm on their faces. :rolleyes:

I tell them it's not the virus but it gets a bit frustrating having to explain myself that I'm not infectious.

The people scatter with a look of fear and alarm on their faces.
:rolleyes:
A bit like when they guy with the massive knife reasurred everyone. "This is not a terrorist attack, I just want him".

Where to start.

What a cough does is push your breath out further and harder and is more likely to carry bigger drops. Now it doesnt matter if you have hay fever or a smokers cough, what matters is whether you have covid asymptotically or not. If you do have asymptotic covid only those close to you are at the biggest risk of infection from you until you cough. Then those that are near you will be at a bigger risk due to more exposure and those not near you are at risk as well. Also how does anyone else know your arent a covid denier...

That is why those that have a cough should be wearing masks in public places. Its not that difficult to understand shirley?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom