COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Associate
Was it on here that someone saw a convertible car drive past them, roof down but the two passengers had masks on? :o

It’s none of your f ing business if someone in their own car is wearing a mask

Why do you give a ****? Do you also get upset when you see someone wearing a shirt rather than a T-shirt while driving?

Soldato
I feel like whatever I say in reply regarding the observation, that wasn't even from me, will be jumbled up and thrown back at me in an argumentative way so I am going to leave it.

Thank you for your comments and maybe someone else will pick up on it. :)
Not meant to be argumentative or aimed at you directly. More just a general comment of trying to look at it from the side of the mask wearer and understand that a lot of people are still very concerned about covid for a variety of reasons. Some rational, some not but all causing genuine concern

Associate
Not meant to be argumentative or aimed at you directly. More just a general comment of trying to look at it from the side of the mask wearer and understand that a lot of people are still very concerned about covid for a variety of reasons. Some rational, some not but all causing genuine concern
Would you be saying that about people wearing a tin foil hat, for example? Because that's what it's akin to.

(To make it clear, I'm talking about people wearing masks outside or on their own in a car, for example).

Associate
It’s been explained before, sometimes it’s easier just to put mask on at home and just leave it on even if walking outside or travelling in car (even if a convertible) to somewhere you know requires a mask.

It’s also better way to avoid contamination rather than taking mask on/off constantly and shoving it in pocket, just leave it on job done.

You also don’t know their situation, they might even have covid, not like you have to isolate now and even give a **** if you pass it on!

Masks I believe has been a massive fail (one of many) should have been simple rule - wear quality FFP2 mask any indoor place unless eating/drinking. Fined if not, the amount of CCTV we have imagine the revenue government would have received! They could have even handed out free masks from fine revenue.

Instead we have vague face covering definition, personal responsibility on usage etc.

Caporegime
Work has dropped all COVID rules today. It no longer exists as a thing

I can't recall then 'deopoing' them but I've been going into work since forever, work in an office with two others, one works by the window and will rarely open it.

Various meetings indoors, walking in corridors etc etc. As above it's pretty much not there.

Having said that the last time I actively wore a mask was in March flying to/from Belgium. Other than that, it's not required anywhere.

Soldato
Love you to cope with my lungs, legs and bowel.

Had three colonoscopies in 6 weeks earlier this year- removed 8 polyps some were flat. Boring diet, disgusting prep drink and hours on the loo
Well that escalated quickly.

Ive had a colonoscopy so yes I know what thats like and to be honest after the week of bland food and the prep and waking up in the middle of the night to an unexpected fountain from my bum the actual colonoscopy was a relief as it meant no more prep and most of all, my bum stopped peeing like a horse.

Caporegime
Well that escalated quickly.

Ive had a colonoscopy so yes I know what thats like and to be honest after the week of bland food and the prep and waking up in the middle of the night to an unexpected fountain from my bum the actual colonoscopy was a relief as it meant no more prep and most of all, my bum stopped peeing like a horse.

I went to work when I was prepping for mine, that was fun :p

Soldato
I went to work when I was prepping for mine, that was fun :p
lol now that must have been interesting. If you want me Ill be on the toilet.

I went to bed thinking my prep had done its job. My bowels had other ideas.

The worst thing was I read about barrier cream and thought nah Ive had diarrhea before Ill be fine. Im going to put a whole jar of vasaline on my ring next time.

Man of Honour
Work has dropped all COVID rules today. It no longer exists as a thing

We have some vulnerable people at work so we have to do a test thing at reception before coming in. They provide them so it's no hardship. That said once in the office people are hugging, shaking hands and behaving like normal people.

I wonder how long they'll keep doing it. Doesn't bother me really but it does surprise some visitors. Amazing how quickly people move on and forget which in a way is good but also means bad habits start again.

Soldato
I honestly didnt understand what the fixation about not shaking hands was. Thats 2m where as the elbow bump is 1m. Maybe because as a general rule I dont put my hands or fingers in my mouth unless they have just been cleaned.

Soldato
Was a bit if a surprise to see my better half wearing a mask when dropped off by a work colleague, following a meeting to discuss possible options after almost 18 months absence with long Covid. Turns out there's been a recent outbreak among some of the NHS ward staff and they actually still have some isolation rules on full pay plus nothing on absence record following a positive test, unlike many of us for months.

Associate
I honestly didnt understand what the fixation about not shaking hands was. Thats 2m where as the elbow bump is 1m. Maybe because as a general rule I dont put my hands or fingers in my mouth unless they have just been cleaned.

Just because you wash your hands doesn’t mean others do. It’s well known that fecal matter has made its appearance or two in ice from fast food restaurants after various investigations

Back
Top Bottom