COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Was a bit if a surprise to see my better half wearing a mask when dropped off by a work colleague, following a meeting to discuss possible options after almost 18 months absence with long Covid. Turns out there's been a recent outbreak among some of the NHS ward staff and they actually still have some isolation rules on full pay plus nothing on absence record following a positive test, unlike many of us for months.
im a gas engineer we are still require to isolate for 10 days by employer if we catch covid and again its full pay seperate to absence record

Soldato
I used hand sanitiser, well before the pandemic after using certain loos after seeing stupid mothers letting their toddler sons wee in the basins:rolleyes:. Also when I have used loos abroad if they are undesirable pits. In Sicily, I went to a public loo where it was 50c to use the loo and and another 50c for using the handbasin and soap.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I just randomly visited the gov stats site for the first time in a while, I remember the days when this was a ~1600 visit most days.

Curiously, https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases only shows data for England today. Getting ready for the Union breakup already? :cry:
It makes me laugh that holier than thou Sturgeon and Drakeford drop regular Covid reporting quicker than Boris.

The hospitalisation and death numbers are accurate on there but obviously since testing more or less stopped the case numbers are way off. The ONS have more accurate stats from the random household testing they do still though, iirc was about a milllion people with it recently down from 5 million a couple of months ago, so going down nicely still.

Man of Honour
How many households are tested randomly? Don’t know anyone who has been randomly selected since PVRs test centres ended.

Though I did a random selected LTF about 13 months ago and sent it back in a box, which was tricky to fold.

Caporegime
covid seems more and more like a scam, we could have probably ignored it once all the old and vulnerable already died thanks to the NHS ejecting infected patients back to nursing homes and saved 1+ years worth of mental health problems.

Back
Top Bottom