COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
You'll get it eventually. Have you been vaccinated?

Triple dosed. Plan to get the bivalent vaccines as soon as they're available as well.

I've been exposed to Omicron once before but it never infected me (confirmed via blood test), so I have some innate latent immunity as well it seems, as the exposure happened only a day after I got my third dose.

Associate
Good stuff. I find it unbelievable that so many are still denying the vaccine based on the fact that they just continue to avoid it
I'm unvaccinated and 'avoided' the virus until early April this year. Without testing positive for a week I wouldn't have known I had it.

Incredible isn't it?

UTT

UTT

Associate
I'm unvaccinated and 'avoided' the virus until early April this year. Without testing positive for a week I wouldn't have known I had it.

Incredible isn't it?
Praise the Lord, It's a miracle you're still with us brother based on the media, vax disciples and Joe Biden telling us we'd be dead without the vax

Funnily enough i think i caught it around march this year, basically food tasted very different to normal. Also felt dreadful so decided to avoid going to see the old Dear in the care home for a week or 2 and got some early nights and plenty of water . Did'nt bother testing as I knew i wasn't 100% and did'nt need abit of plastic to confirm. Felt better, tested on LFT and good to go

Soldato
You can sort of see why the virus got so out of control when you read the stupidity of posts such as the above. “I got it despite not being vaccinated, and I’m fine so it must be the same for everybody else”.

Pray tell Doctor, can you explain why my cousin’s wife, early 40’s with no underlying medical conditions, non-smoker and in very good physical condition (they used to do tough-mudder, half marathons for charity together etc), caught the virus and is now dead?

Soldato
Praise the Lord, It's a miracle you're still with us brother based on the media, vax disciples and Joe Biden telling us we'd be dead without the vax
Herp...
Funnily enough i think i caught it around march this year, basically food tasted very different to normal. Also felt dreadful so decided to avoid going to see the old Dear in the care home for a week or 2 and got some early nights and plenty of water . Did'nt bother testing as I knew i wasn't 100% and did'nt need abit of plastic to confirm. Felt better, tested on LFT and good to go
Derp

Associate
Bit concerning that dashboard hasn’t been updated since 10/5. Stick fingers into wind, we are fine.

The testing has dropped through floor since pay for testing, along with zero mask usage since the “personal responsibility” introduction.

Hospitalisations/deaths did seem to be slowly dropping(when and if numbers are disclosed) Government policy does seem to be - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Get back to work you plebs!

Permabanned
I work at a supermarket. Wish customers will stop wearing disposable gloves. They have no idea that their 'hygienic' practices are not so. They touch 00s of products, touch their face and pay with cash. I have seen them taking gloves out of their pockets or bag and putting them on. Served customers with dirty gloves with holes forming at knuckles. Just want to a swab these gloves and some bare hands, not sanitised and put them in petri dish. Guessing that the dirty disposable gloves will show up more nasties. Fortunately, the glove wearing has reduced dramatically. Those working in care and medical jobs change their gloves between patients.

Then there's a woman who unrolls a black bin bag, cut open and spreads this on the bottom of the trolley. Again she has no idea that this isn't a good idea.

Associate
I work at a supermarket. Wish customers will stop wearing disposable gloves. They have no idea that their 'hygienic' practices are not so. They touch 00s of products, touch their face and pay with cash. I have seen them taking gloves out of their pockets or bag and putting them on. Served customers with dirty gloves with holes forming at knuckles. Just want to a swab these gloves and some bare hands, not sanitised and put them in petri dish. Guessing that the dirty disposable gloves will show up more nasties. Fortunately, the glove wearing has reduced dramatically. Those working in care and medical jobs change their gloves between patients.

Then there's a woman who unrolls a black bin bag, cut open and spreads this on the bottom of the trolley. Again she has no idea that this isn't a good idea.
There's no cure for stupid.

Usually, stupidity is not outwardly displayed in such an obvious way but this pandemic has completely changed that.

Disposable gloves, masks outside, masks in cars when driving alone the list goes on and on.

Permabanned

Usually, stupidity is not outwardly displayed in such an obvious way but this pandemic has completely changed that.

Disposable gloves, masks outside, masks in cars when driving alone the list goes on and on.
Seen two men driving in convertible cars with roof down, wearing a mask! Come on the point of convertible cars is to enjoy the fresh air. Even the couple on the other side to the road to me looked at one of the men in bewilderment.

My parents were in a cafe last month. Neighbouring table, there was a couple in their 80s. Took a sip from their drinks and put mask back on, lowered them for another sip. Why?

As to regards to the gloved customers - wish I could tell them straight that this habit is germy than not sanitising hands. I apply sanitiser and rub it in an OTT after serving them, hopefully giving a message across.

Soldato

Masks outside, masks in cars when driving alone the list goes on and on.
You assume that people are stupid but what if they are going somewhere that requires a mask but can't be bothered to keep taking it on and off, what if they know they are infected but would rather wear a mask than self isolate?

Soldato
Yes thats how viruses work. They infect again and again, evade immunity via mutation.
Although this virus seems particularly good at it which is why we are having such a hard time defeating it. Imagine if we hadn't got effective vaccines so quickly, we would have been so screwed it's difficult to contemplate. Even with our vaccines (which were formulated against the original variant) the virus has mutated so quickly to its own advantage that we are still having big problems.

The virus truly is a miracle of nature (or of a lab, we're still not sure :cry:). It's a deeply damaging miracle to be clear ;).

Soldato

TBH all you really need to do is read this thread to see stupidity is constantly outwardly displayed by the covid deniers.

Back
Top Bottom