COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Although this virus seems particularly good at it which is why we are having such a hard time defeating it. Imagine if we hadn't got effective vaccines so quickly, we would have been so screwed it's difficult to contemplate. Even with our vaccines (which were formulated against the original variant) the virus has mutated so quickly to its own advantage that we are still having big problems.

The virus truly is a miracle of nature (or of a lab, we're still not sure :cry:). It's a deeply damaging miracle to be clear ;).
As a whole we not prepared to do what would be required to defeat it. That ship has sailed.

Soldato
all this time and people still cry about mask wearing. Jesus! get a grip of your life.

If someone is wearing a mask, what difference does it make to you? literally, no difference at all. You do you, do you not know why someone might be wearing one, maybe they've got covid and want to reduce the spread? maybe they're immunosuppressed and catching covid etc can do a lot damage. People in Japan for e.g. wear masks everywhere when they're ill etc to reduce infection. But here in UK we have weirdos sneezing in the supermarkets etc and shouting at people who wear a mask in the street.

Permabanned
I had customers asking us why we aren't wearing masks. Though about 8 are still wearing one. Most customers wear theirs for a few hours a week when shopping, beauty salons, going to medical establishments. We wore ours for the hours worked plus a few more outside work for the above. Customers have NO right to ask shop workers who worn masks for 15-20 times longer than they did during the mask mandatory days.

A customer shouted (with swearing) at me where's your mask as I coughed into my elbow fold as I had a cold in March. I was behind a screen. Tried wearing my various masks before work and all made me feel worse, some pressed against my sinuses under eyes. The customer was wearing a mask, on her chin (what's that all about). I said mask wearing is optional, tried masks and made life more difficult and I wasn't tolerating her shouting at me. Then she kicked off and the customer behind her kicked off. I walked away. The woman was banned for her aggressive behaviour. Managers said I did the right things of coughing into my elbow fold and walked off. This was recorded on the body cameras we wear now.

Rudeness has increased in customers. I had enough of the behaviour as being rude achieves nothing. Apart from upsetting staff, annoying other customers - as takes longer to deal with rudeness.

Also since mask wearing has dropped, the number of customers that think its still ok for putting money and lottery tickets into their mouths has gone back to pre pandemic levels. Why do people do this filthy act? How would they like it if we started to put money into our mouths before giving it to them? They will think its repulsive. So why do it?

Soldato
Did some archery at the weekend and 2 teenagers rocked up wearing masks in the blazing heat. All the old folks carried on as normal. Made me laugh.
Might have done it to protect you oldies. Or have vulnerable family at home and scared of bringing it back, not really funny.

I wouldn't wear a mask outdoors but I also wouldn't judge someone for doing so as you don't know their personal situation.

Soldato
Might have done it to protect you oldies. Or have vulnerable family at home and scared of bringing it back, not really funny.

I wouldn't wear a mask outdoors but I also wouldn't judge someone for doing so as you don't know their personal situation.
Well yeh I did think that to be fair. You never know peoples personal circumstances. She may have had a vulnerable parent or something.

Soldato
As a whole we not prepared to do what would be required to defeat it. That ship has sailed.
The government were not prepared to do what's necessary and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. There are simple things that they could do now that would make a material difference to reduce spread and risk.

The 'we' doesn't include us the people as the government are the ones with the real power to change things; I don't think putting HEPA air purifiers in many indoor public spaces is a great imposition, nor does it require any real effort.

Soldato
The government were not prepared to do what's necessary and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. There are simple things that they could do now that would make a material difference to reduce spread and risk.

The 'we' doesn't include us the people as the government are the ones with the real power to change things; I don't think putting HEPA air purifiers in many indoor public spaces is a great imposition, nor does it require any real effort.
Is there the manufacturing capacity?
Are there the qualified system designers and fitters available?
Is there a climate consideration based on COP commitments?
How many public spaces?
Cost of sealing for effectiveness.

Definitely an imposition and a lot of effort. Quite expensive and will probably take a lot of time.

Soldato
Is there the manufacturing capacity?
Are there the qualified system designers and fitters available?
Is there a climate consideration based on COP commitments?
How many public spaces?
Cost of sealing for effectiveness.

Definitely an imposition and a lot of effort. Quite expensive and will probably take a lot of time.
Well my dentist's managed just fine. A HEPA air purifier in every room since the end of the first lockdown (including in each section of the waiting area).

Soldato
Well my dentist's managed just fine. A HEPA air purifier in every room since the end of the first lockdown (including in each section of the waiting area).
Your dentist is a private enterprise and unlikely to be supplied as a government contract.

Now consider every school, college and university. Every government building, job centre etc., in the country. Probably hundreds of thousands of spaces. Not only specified, designed and fitted but ensuring effectiveness with the building fabric. Heating requirements, additional costs. CO2 additions and power requirements.

Your dentist just puts up his price to customers and is not worried about his zero emission targets at all.

Caporegime
Your dentist is a private enterprise and unlikely to be supplied as a government contract.

Now consider every school, college and university. Every government building, job centre etc., in the country. Probably hundreds of thousands of spaces. Not only specified, designed and fitted but ensuring effectiveness with the building fabric. Heating requirements, additional costs. CO2 additions and power requirements.

Your dentist just puts up his price to customers and is not worried about his zero emission targets at all.
Bet it could have been done with the £37billion they wasted on track and trace...

Man of Honour
Bet it could have been done with the £37billion they wasted on track and trace...

Oh I wonder if we could have ended world hunger with 37 billion...

How on earth they spanked 37 billion on track and trace I have no idea... even 1/10th of that.

Soldato
Honestly, enjoy the last few years of the good life. If we're this divided over a piece of damn nanoscopic protein, we're totally screwed at dealing with anything like ocean acidification, climate change, pollution, and whatever.

Sucks to be the incoming generation. :D

Back
Top Bottom