CPU fan dead

Associate
Hi guys

I recently got a Katana GF66 11UE, had it for 2 months and fan 1 (left fan) is dead, not sure if the bearings have gone but its stuttering (same stutter when stepper motors die) its refusing to spin. Turned the machine off for 5h hoping that a cold boot would fix it but no luck, checked if anything was stopping it from spinning but it spins free when turning by hand, tried turning on the fan boost but its still stuck and tried resetting the battery but nothings working. I'm all out of options, sent a ticket.

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

It seems that a RMA is your best option. Sadly this will mean being without the laptop for a time though. You could go through MSI but most probably will have to send it to Poland at your expense. Personally I would go through the place you got it from as they will have to pay the postage costs plus your contract is with them anyway. Pretty poor for a fan to fail after just 2 months though.

Associate
OP
Bought it from overclockers received it March 18th so 5weeks ago. :/
All I need is a replacement fan, can do the repair myself, would rather too as this is my main work rig, cannot go without it for long!

Man of Honour
Bought it from overclockers received it March 18th so 5weeks ago. :/
All I need is a replacement fan, can do the repair myself, would rather too as this is my main work rig, cannot go without it for long!

Manufacturers rarely do this nowadays, unfortunately, but you could try asking them for a replacement, they can only say no.

Associate
Manufacturers rarely do this nowadays, unfortunately, but you could try asking them for a replacement, they can only say no.
agreed, its worth at least trying, had an issue with one my case fans a while ago and the manufacturer just sent me a new one rather than replacing the entire thing, granted it could be different for a heatsink fan but no harm in trying

Back
Top Bottom