CPU temp and Vcore readings

Associate
I'm taking my first tentative steps into overclocking and am a little confused about which reading to rely on.

I've gone for a moderate overclock of an E6400 to 3.0 (375*8 on Asus p5b-e-plus) and seem to be running stable with Vcore @ 1.3 (as set on MB)

I'm monitoring with SpeedFan, CPU-Z and TAT and stressing with Orthos.

From what I have read on this forum it is normal that Vcore reported by CPU-Z and Speedfan will not match what I have set the MB at (they are more like 1.2 and vary somewhat). Do I take the MB Vcore as being the actual value?

Similarly my temp reading vary from TAT (cpu0 46-7 cpu1 42.43 under load) to 48-9 on Asus monitor and 50-1 on SpeedFan.

Do I take the TAT values to be the most accurate?

Thanks for any feedback.

Soldato
From other posts on the forum i believe that TAT is the most accurate one to measure your CPU temps, speedfan apparently has a few issues and can read lower than what is actually the correct temps.

Man of Honour
robcat101 said:
Do I take the MB Vcore as being the actual value?

You will not get an actual reading ( without using a voltmeter , even then power fluctuations within the PSU will change the reading ).

Just keep an eye on the temps and don't push it too far ( this depends on how brave you are :D )

Link , if you haven't read it already ;

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17694264

Mark

Back
Top Bottom