• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
I'm aware it maybe doesn't need so many case fans, but. It looks cool with them all being rgb.
Plus running 6 fans on a slightly lower rpm is quieter than running 3 fans as normal.

not knocking it had the same discussion with a friend one mans basic and black is anouther mans dull as dishwater

Associate
OP
Based on the images and what you said, if the fans on the radiator is now pulling in instead of out, I would be tempted to flip the rear fan and the side fans as an exhaust. You have a lot of positive pressure building in the case.

Sorry, this was a image taken before I flipped the radiator fans and the rear fan.
The radiator fans, side fans and bottom fans are all in. With the rear fan as now out with the rpm turned up a bit more

Associate
OP
This is how my pc fans are now, sorry.
Was only just able to take this pic as only just got in from work.
XzP7SYS

Soldato
I can't see them on here either, but you can download the image and view it.

ImgBB links don't work with OcUK's image tags as they're not the direct image link (which ends in jpg, png, etc).

One way to get the direct link is right click -> view image (depending on browser).

Example https://ibb.co/XzP7SYS direct image link is https://i.ibb.co/2jrvgZg/rhdr.jpg

rhdr.jpg

That's still an awful lot of positive pressure. I can't imagine it being good for the GPU and motherboard if the only way for the hot air to escape is the rear fan.

Associate
OP
ImgBB links don't work with OcUK's image tags as they're not the direct image link (which ends in jpg, png, etc).

One way to get the direct link is right click -> view image (depending on browser).

Example https://ibb.co/XzP7SYS direct image link is https://i.ibb.co/2jrvgZg/rhdr.jpg

rhdr.jpg

That's still an awful lot of positive pressure. I can't imagine it being good for the GPU and motherboard if the only way for the hot air to escape is the rear fan.

I'm thinking maybe mount the radiator down the side and then put the 3 top fans back to out, as they originally were?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Surely that is fan overkill!

I mean unless you are seriously OCing then on my stock 12700K and 3080Ti which kicks out serious heat I just have 120+140mm as exhaust and no dedicated intake fans as the AIO fans do that job pulling air through the rad. Sub 30 degree idle, 55-60 gaming. All case & AIO fans at ~700rpm.

Soldato
I'm thinking maybe mount the radiator down the side and then put the 3 top fans back to out, as they originally were?

If the radiator can fit there sure, but then the warm air from the AIO will be going directly at the GPU. Having the side fans as out seems like the best balance if you really want to make use of all those fans.

Associate
OP
If the radiator can fit there sure, but then the warm air from the AIO will be going directly at the GPU. Having the side fans as out seems like the best balance if you really want to make use of all those fans.

OK cool, sounds like a good shout. Technically the side fans sit at the rear with how the pc is usually standing.
Also maybe having the rear as in, for better direction to the side fans? Or keep it as out iyo?

Associate
OP
I have since done benchmark test with 3dmark time spy.
Gpu max temp was 78 degrees with a score of 19491.
Cpu max temp was 53.5 degrees with a score of 9281.
Though that seems like a decent low cpu temp, when stress testing the cpu with CPU-Z. I seem to be getting a steady 66 degrees, even after an hour. But still have a idle temp of 40 degrees.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK cool, sounds like a good shout. Technically the side fans sit at the rear with how the pc is usually standing.
Also maybe having the rear as in, for better direction to the side fans? Or keep it as out iyo?

Keep as out.

As above, CPU-Z is not a proper stress tester. Use something like Prime95 or Intel Burn Test.

Back
Top Bottom