Crasher Rules -17th feb GC1 Sheffield

Soldato
I don't want to hijack this thread, but what's the general mood/attitude like at Sheffield? Is it a really friendly place where everyone gets along or is it quite alienating? Either way, I've got offers from there and Newcastle and both are meant to have awesome night life.

Thanks!

Soldato
If you mean with local people, then I find Sheffield a very accommodating place and the public are very easy to get along with. (I guess they have to put up with us as there's so many students here!) There's always lots to do and lots of gigs at places like Plug, Corp, City Hall and Hallam FM Arena.

What are you studying? I do Chemical Engineering so if you've got any questions about the Engineering or Chemistry departments then I'll be happy to give my answer/opinion on them. :)

Soldato
OP
Tommy B said:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but what's the general mood/attitude like at Sheffield? Is it a really friendly place where everyone gets along or is it quite alienating? Either way, I've got offers from there and Newcastle and both are meant to have awesome night life.

Thanks!

the atmosphere of the whole place is very good, everyones very friendly at all of the crasher events and the pre, after parties :)

sheffield rejected me :( but it'll just make visiting crasher more of an experience :D

Soldato
OP
tune of the night was when bond dropped gouryella at the end :D i was pretty tired by then but just leaped onto that dancefloor, it was just wow wow wow :D:D

it sounds like pete and ferret had a damn good night on the friday and judging by all the fliers theres plenty of proper hard dance/trance nights going into the early hours so sheff's nightlife is pretty damn good :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Smiley Man said:
snip

im sure theres more i will remember eventually :)

didnt get many pics but will stick a few up tomorrow :)

He played tiesto - adagio for strings, i think the track before that was just a random track and not an adagio remix

marcel woods - don't tar me with the same brush
filo & peri - the anthem song
krowd killaz - mr brightside
keane - this is the last time (martin roth)
snow patrol - chasing cars (i'm not sure what remix but i'm pretty sure it wasnt the blake jarrell one)
ferry corsten - punk (awesome unknown remix)
above & beyond - good for me (club mix)
armin van buuren - this world is watching me (cosmic gate)
rank1 - airwave
system f - out of the blue
mauro picotto - iguana

i'm sure i'll remember more later :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
OP
One More Solo said:
I almost cried when I saw that video, I can't believe I didn't go now. :(

i remember ricky (demented ferret from the forums) writing "KOMODO" on a bit of paper with loads of smiley faces round it and handing it to me and them me giving it to picotto and him giving us the a huge smile and thumbs up :D when it came on we were just gawping at each other

what an incredible night :D

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
One More Solo said:
What track is that? I'm terrible with names though getting better. :( To answer my own question it's Airwave, a longer mix though compared to the one I have. It's not one of my favourites I must say, didn't blow me away as much as some of the Picotto tracks I've seen from Sat on YouTube.

i think it was the setting that made airwave so awesome, its not one of my faves either but it was scott bond playing after a long abscence right at the end of the night, it seemed to work really well :D

Soldato
Demented Ferret said:
This night could not have been better, everything was just spot-on perfect, from the moment the doors opened the the minute we left. Shame on you guys who didn't come.

Could have been better mate - i could have been there ;)

Andy

Soldato
Smiley Man said:
i think it was the setting that made airwave so awesome, its not one of my faves either but it was scott bond playing after a long abscence right at the end of the night, it seemed to work really well :D

Yeah that's true. The crowd really went for it, would've been a special moment.

Back
Top Bottom