• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** CRAZY 5700 XT DEALS FROM JUST £349 Inc. VAT !!! **

Tempting replacement for my old EVGA 1070 FTW.

Guessing I would see improvements, though really would like a better monitor, only recently upgraded my sons pc with an 8gb 570 too lol.

I recently sold some hardware, including my ref vega 64. Just ordered a Saphire pulse to replace the vega! I was tempted to hang on for the Nitro's to come back into stock and the red devil was also tempting, but figured they all perform in the same ball park so thought i'd save myself £40-£50.

Matt

I recently sold some hardware, including my ref vega 64. Just ordered a Saphire pulse to replace the vega! I was tempted to hang on for the Nitro's to come back into stock and the red devil was also tempting, but figured they all perform in the same ball park so thought i'd save myself £40-£50.

Matt
I got the Saphire pulse paid £425 for it runs cool and quite well worth £400

So just get the reference version and tune it. The blower would work better for SFF if you're that space constrained anyway.

Hate blower cards, never again! Fine when I wanted to water block them but with air, nope!

The Powercolor Red Dragon is true two slot, compact, ideal for the Ghost S1 I hope. I'll find out on Monday as at £389 I couldn't say no!

Hate blower cards, never again! Fine when I wanted to water block them but with air, nope!

The Powercolor Red Dragon is true two slot, compact, ideal for the Ghost S1 I hope. I'll find out on Monday as at £389 I couldn't say no!
There's nothing wrong with the 5700 XT blower. Panos gave a good rundown on another thread of exactly how his sounds and, essentially, it's not loud or whiny. But that's all moot if the Red Dragon is a proper 2-slotter :p

That msi evoke looks much better at £399 now.

Much more tempting.

Still bit of sidegrade from my gtx 1080 but might be worth it to get freesync working on my tv.

A quick update, my Saphire pulse turned up, slapped it in, didnt bother re installing drivers or anything, had my old 290 backup card in there. It's doing 950 on the mem no probs, undervolted it to 1159, core is 2070 at the moment. I just enabled the default amd fan profile for now. temps are very good, gpu core doesnt go over 70c, vrm 68c, junction get to 95-100. Ive had a ton of crap running in the background, so not optimized. Gamed on it for 3 hours at these settings. Holds boosts over 2k.

I'll have a better play with it over the weekend but was keen to have a game.

[edit] ohh and I also installed the trixx software, enabled the 4k+ris thing running on my 1440p monitor. It's amazing. Playing Path of Exile tonight at 150fps+ (in my HO) with every option maxed.

Matt

Last edited:
Still overpriced. Considering these cards were going to be named 690 and priced as such before AMD had a change of heart, anything over £250/300 is just AMD being a bunch of greedy ********.

Wouldn't waste my time or money on these cards at todays prices.

Still overpriced. Considering these cards were going to be named 690 and priced as such before AMD had a change of heart, anything over £250/300 is just AMD being a bunch of greedy ********.

I'd love to hear your views on NVidia's prices.

Yeah OK. Nvidia went to 2000 yet didn't give us twice the card of the 1000, so go cry over that. A name means nothing. RX 690 means nothing, and sure as **** a card twice as powerful as the RX 590 was never going to be the direct successor. The 5700 series was always going to be the Vega successor. That doesn't mean to say the 5700 series isn't overpriced, because it is, but that's AMD playing in Nvidia's warped market.

If you think the 5700 XT is overpriced then go cry to Nvidia about it; it's entirely their fault.

Do people still buy cards with those terrible coolers on (First listing)? Surely not. The ref cards are always so hot and look like ass, I am guessing many people get them to put a waterblock on them and strip them down, that makes sense but buying them to use as is, nah lol

Back
Top Bottom