• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** CRAZY 780Ti DEAL: PERFECT FOR SLI UPGRADES!! **

Soldato
GB Windforce are not silent though once you hit over 60% fan rpm noise its way more than stock HSF & very noticeable unless you game with headphones on all the time.

I RMA'd one 3 months ago due to the noise :(

Underboss
If these had 6GB VRAM I would be all over them, would even consider them with 4GB of VRAM.

Think I will wait for the 980Ti stuff to be annouced, I prefer single card setups.

Agree though that is a crazy price. Well done

Associate
GB Windforce are not silent though once you hit over 60% fan rpm noise its way more than stock HSF & very noticeable unless you game with headphones on all the time.

So was it a one off or does windforce not compare well to asus and msi cooling solutions?

wondering whether a 3GB 780ti at £350 is considerable over a 4GB 970 @ £300 for 1080p gaming (and i would buy the bundled game saving another £30)

Last edited:
Associate

I am really surprised you say that. I just run my 780 at the stock boost and it is really quiet in my opinion. In fact I saw a review of all the graphics cards coolers on bitech or anandtech and the Windforce scored as one of the quietest. All the case fans in my seup run at 5v and I have a gelid tranquilo as a CPU cooler, so I should really hear a noisy graphics card.

Soldato

I had the same problems with three of mine, I ended up RMAing them all. In fact I preferred/ended up going with a Titan cooler card over any of the custom solutions, as that just gave out a gentle whoosh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the same problems with three of mine, I ended up RMAing them all. In fact I preferred/ended up going with a Titan cooler card over any of the custom solutions, as that just gave out a gentle whoosh.
Yeah I was just as shocked as you when it cost just under £500 a few months ago I expected a premium HSF solution which was 100% silent :rolleyes:

Soldato
I am really surprised you say that. I just run my 780 at the stock boost and it is really quiet in my opinion. In fact I saw a review of all the graphics cards coolers on bitech or anandtech and the Windforce scored as one of the quietest. All the case fans in my seup run at 5v and I have a gelid tranquilo as a CPU cooler, so I should really hear a noisy graphics card.
Its as silent as the stock Ti HSF until the fan hits 60% then whhhoossshhhh still worth buying for the new price just do not expect complete silence once you load the GPU up it gets super noisy unless your case has a lot of fans I only had 6 in mine it was nowhere near enough.

The problem is the Windforce dumps hotair directly into the case which is why I think the stock HSF is the best GTX 780 Ti design still. For the price you cannot go wrong for FPS just do not expect silence under heavy GPU loading.

Soldato
So was it a one off or does windforce not compare well to asus and msi cooling solutions?

wondering whether a 3GB 780ti at £350 is considerable over a 4GB 970 @ £300 for 1080p gaming (and i would buy the bundled game saving another £30)
Windforce design dumps hot air into the case the fans IMO are very poor way too small & generate too much noise under heavy GPU loadings above 60% fan RPM. GTX 970 is probably a better deal unless your not bothered about noise/heat in the case.

For the low price the GTX 780 Ti is a bargin as its still the joint best single GPU Nvidia card I just would be aware if your sensitive to noise/heat from your case.

Associate
Windforce design dumps hot air into the case the fans IMO are very poor way too small & generate too much noise under heavy GPU loadings above 60% fan RPM. GTX 970 is probably a better deal unless your not bothered about noise/heat in the case.

For the low price the GTX 780 Ti is a bargin as its still the joint best single GPU Nvidia card I just would be aware if your sensitive to noise/heat from your case.

i am sensitive to noise. and i probably wont have more than 5 case fans (Cosmos II). But dont all of these coolers push hot air into the case? Isnt Any cooler that can push that much cooling air through the backplate of 2 pci slots (most of which used by display port/dvi ports) is going to be noisier than a cooler that puts hot air into the case to be expelled by the cases' 140/200mm fans etc? Or should i be looking for a reference blower fan design for maximum quietness.

Soldato
i am sensitive to noise. and i probably wont have more than 5 case fans (Cosmos II). But dont all of these coolers push hot air into the case? Isnt Any cooler that can push that much cooling air through the backplate of 2 pci slots (most of which used by display port/dvi ports) is going to be noisier than a cooler that puts hot air into the case to be expelled by the cases' 140/200mm fans etc? Or should i be looking for a reference blower fan design for maximum quietness.
Nvidia reference design has a giant Heatsink which expels most of the hot air out the back on the case!

Associate
Hey chaps.

Apologies since this has probably been asked before, but how long would you wait to get a 780ti since they appear to be coming to the end?

Basically I already have a 780ti with the intention of getting a second for SLI.

I want a new one, but would prefer a EVGA since I have one already and their support is excellent.

Thanks.

Caporegime
Hey chaps.

Apologies since this has probably been asked before, but how long would you wait to get a 780ti since they appear to be coming to the end?

Basically I already have a 780ti with the intention of getting a second for SLI.

I want a new one, but would prefer a EVGA since I have one already and their support is excellent.

Thanks.

I wouldn't wait in truth. These are now EOL sadly and will be hard to find later on.

Associate
Thanks Gregster.

Would rather get it from here, but they haven't got any :(

Any chance they will get some more, or should I start hunting somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom