Creating a lunar base

Soldato
To the troll guy, over the next day or two for laughs were going to do some simple math, for fun and such. OK first answer I want to see when I wake up tomorrow is this question:

250000/27000 =?

All are welcome to play along :D

Man of Honour
It's simple, water boils spontaneously at low pressures in the higher atmosphere, so we build steam powered rockets! they would need no engines at all as we could use a gigantic elastic band to fire them up high enough for the steam to kick in, it is almost completely 'Green' and the excess steam would cool the Earth and help prevent climate change. All this high technology stuff is all just a huge corporate scam to make money.

Hedgehogs have done that already! I found the details buried on a wesbite, hidden away from the conspiracy by disguising it as a game.

http://armorgames.com/play/4001/hedgehog-launch-2

Soldato
First answer you want to see is a question? :confused::confused::confused:

Leave it out i was tired and on a smart phone :p lol

Basically I figure if we can ask a bunch of relevent maths questions, which hopefully will be answered correctly (assuming he played along ;) ) he kind of proves himself that space travel to the moon is indeed possible thus ending the sillyness

Soldato
Yea erm, the Moon is a very difficult place to live, scientists and astrophysicists have theorised/found out.

- The actual sediment of the Moon is highly abrasive and literally cuts through Astronaut's suits.

- The Moon itself is still seismically active - caused through gravitational effects from Earth and radioactive decay.

- There is minimal atmosphere and also very little protection from the Earth's fields, which means that a larger amount of harmful radiation penetrates to the surface, as well as far more meteorites.

It is basically inhospitable, as it never was a planet but more the byproduct of an incredible collision between 2 bodies.

Associate
OP
Yeah it is difficult, but the norm for the solar system, I think it needs doing as a proving ground for technology before venturing out further

This. I mean, ultimately the whole concept of concurring space is null and void without it really. We can send a rover to Mars for crying out loud.

:) Also, I would pay a hefty sum to be on one of the first Virgin Galactic trips to the lunar colony :D

Soldato
Indeed, the main thing I am thinking about is essentially our experience with ET dirt - that's right off planet dust and dirt. OF COURSE we went to the moon, but with gear made for short stops, we already know just how abbrasive lunar dust is (perhaps more so than martian), but with manned equipment we essentially have less than a weeks worth of time dealing with it.

I feel we should setup a moon base now to spend months dealing with it - see what happens in the long term and problems that crop up.

Man of Honour
Which is why nasa current designs. The suit attaches to airlocks, so you never bring dust into the habitat. Obviously still causes issues with suit and rivers. But they do similuate regolith on earth.

Back
Top Bottom