Creative X3 and Theater Headphones with X-fi

Soldato
I originally bought the G6 to move between my Desktop, Laptop and PS4. I'm now thinking on fitting a permanent solution to my desktop and just leaving the G6 for PS4 and laptop use.
I was looking at buying the X3 for my desktop but I've noticed talk on the Schiit Hel and the Fulla 3 which have pipped my interest. Out of those three, Which would be the most recommended for desktop use?

Actually, Looking at them all, I think I like the X3 enough to go for that.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
I originally bought the G6 to move between my Desktop, Laptop and PS4. I'm now thinking on fitting a permanent solution to my desktop and just leaving the G6 for PS4 and laptop use.
I was looking at buying the X3 for my desktop but I've noticed talk on the Schiit Hel and the Fulla 3 which have pipped my interest. Out of those three, Which would be the most recommended for desktop use?

Actually, Looking at them all, I think I like the X3 enough to go for that.

The X3 is pretty good, I prefer it over my AE5 and feel it provides a nice clean detailed sound however the Hel is almost twice the price of the X3 and looks jam packed with high quality components. The only person that could really compare it is Amidar who recently had both :)

I fancy selling my X3 and trying out the Schiit Hel but the hel is currently out of stock.

Soldato
The X3 is pretty good, I prefer it over my AE5 and feel it provides a nice clean detailed sound however the Hel is almost twice the price of the X3 and looks jam packed with high quality components. The only person that could really compare it is Amidar who recently had both :)

I fancy selling my X3 and trying out the Schiit Hel but the hel is currently out of stock.

I had noticed it was out of stock. Not sure if I would pay double the price actually. Well if you ever decide to punt it, Just give me a knock :D

Associate
With the Schiit Hel only doing stereo how does that function in gaming where positional audio is critical? For gaming multi-channel sound card solutions creating the bi-aural stereo headphone environment seems great and I've used that for years, why use stereo headphone amps?

Associate
Mine arrived today, I've been playing around with it for a couple of hours and so far I'm very impressed with it. It looks and sounds fantastic although I'm not too sure about the X-fi yet, music is bloody horrible instruments all sound fantastic but vocals are just terrible that goes for any vocals in films etc, sound effects in games are amazing it really throws the sounds out, it blows you away when the content is right, Dolby atmos clips in youtube is just incredible. The headphone amp can power my 64 ohm cans to ear bleeding levels it starts to get ear bleeding at %60-%70 volume depending on content so I imagine it can drive much high ohm cans to ear bleeding levels if that's your thing.

You don't need to install the software if you don't want which is a big plus for me and the reason why I got this as Im sick of the lack of decent drivers for my D2x or soundblaster Z and constant sound problems after windows 10 update. You can do most things with the 4 buttons or use software on your phone to create equalizer profiles and you can set seperate profiles for speakers and headphone.
I attempted to tear it down but cant seem to get the top off its somehow attached to the volume knob and pot, there's a cover on on the volume knob that comes off but there's no screw under it, I'll have a closer look tomoz when I have more time. Anyhow I got the bottom and back off and could see inside its filled with nichicon fine gold caps and a row across the entire PCB of what looks like those high end expensive SMD tantalum caps.

Right mark results

Its a fantastic amp/dac and at £100 its a bargain.

I was considering to replace my old Xfi Elite Pro and buy X3 but after I show its `quality` I said NO...
Here the RightMark Audio Analyzer test report from XFi Elite Pro
http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/pila/sound_blaster_x-fi/RMAA/Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 24-96.htm

Back
Top Bottom