Creed II - The Return Of Ivan Drago.

Man of Honour
Just a cheeky bump as I saw this last night.

It was great. Entertaining on its own two legs and didn’t rely on the nostalgia to make it work, even though there was a lot of nods for people familiar with the series.

Rocky is just such a wonderful character with his goofy observations. I amost prefer him as a senior in the new films than when he was a boxer.

Adonis and Amara are great characters.

Boxing scenes were gripping too.

One of the best in the whole series IMO.

Some spoiler thoughts:

It would have been such a nostalgia trip and probably would have made the film worse as a stand-alone piece, but I was so certain Rocky was going to take Creed to Russia to train as we were going to have ‘hearts on fire montage’ v2! The desert montage was still good though.

No big inspirational speech from Rocky this time, but I suppose you can’t always have one. That Rocky Balboa speech (from Rocky 6) is such a tear jerker!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just a cheeky bump as I saw this last night.

It was great. Entertaining on its own two legs and didn’t rely on the nostalgia to make it work, even thought there was a lot of nods for people familiar with the series.

Rocky is just such a wonderful character with his goofy observations. I amost prefer him as a senior in the new films than when he was a boxer.

Adonis and Amara are great characters.

Boxing scenes were gripping too.

One of the best in the whole series IMO.

Some spoiler thoughts:

It would have been such a nostalgia trip and probably would have made the film worse as a stand-alone piece, but I was so certain Rocky was going to take Creed to Russia to train as we were going to have ‘hearts on fire montage’ v2! The desert montage was still good though.

No big inspirational speech from Rocky this time, but I suppose you can’t always have one. That Rocky Balboa speech (from Rocky 6) is such a tear jerker!

I am looking forward to seeing this.

Associate
I love Rocky - I-IV. The first is the best, but all have memorable moments. Still own the original vinyl soundtracks which are awesome. I tend to find myself watching IV whilst tucking into a Kebab/Pizza - the next morning I declare I will get fitter... (bombs) :D

I went to the cinema to see Rocky V back in the day and as a teen came away gutted - not the Hollywood ending and c*** soundtrack when compared to the others. I felt at the time it was one too far. Watched it numerous times since and still feel the same.

The later Rocky films, Rocky Balboa redeemed the travesty of V, but a film which in my opinion, not necessary.

Not seen the Creed films, from the comments seem better, the trailer looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom