Critical Incident *breaking news* - Another stabbing!

Associate
For all the haters

Sword crime, I don't know.

Was higher last year too - 167 vs 137. Has to be noted that it's not higher for the west midlands, just the area that has west midlands police vs met police.

Stats for geeks.

Side note - it annoys me so much they don't link to the source location *shakes fist*
As an after thought, I wonder why the Conservatives are talking about the West Midlands issue.....

Oh, that might explain it.

Thank you, that explains it. Does this mean everything inside the M25 is basically London now?
A quick google I found this

Associate
If i lived in London i would buy a stab proof vest. They might go for your face / neck but most likely they will go for your torso somewhere.

There are virtually never stabbings where i live, they just jump you in a little gang of chavs and beat you up and run off.

London is not even in the top 10 for violent crime in the UK per capita.

Why do we never see people talking about being too scared to walk around Blackpool, Southampton, Portsmoith, Middlesbrough and the numerous other areas with worse crime ?

Last edited:
Soldato

Why do we never see people talking about being too scared to walk around Blackpool, Southampton, Portsmoith, Middlesbrough and the numerous other areas with worse crime ?

But ignoring "per capita" statistics you get this :

London

Number of knife crimes: 10,131

It probably won’t come as a shock to see that London takes the ‘top’ spot. Knife crime in the nation’s capital is a hot button political issue, with fierce debates over the underlying intersections of income inequality, race and policing policies.

The fact is that crime involving blades is a soaring scourge, with a report last year stating that Hackney was the borough with the highest knife crime rates, and areas like Newham and Croydon also saw high numbers of stabbings. The stats aren’t solely linked to gang member on gang member violence. There have also been reports of ordinary residents targeted by moped-riding muggers armed with machetes, compounding concerns over how things will pan out in the city.

Associate
But ignoring "per capita" statistics you get this :

London

Number of knife crimes: 10,131

It probably won’t come as a shock to see that London takes the ‘top’ spot. Knife crime in the nation’s capital is a hot button political issue, with fierce debates over the underlying intersections of income inequality, race and policing policies.

The fact is that crime involving blades is a soaring scourge, with a report last year stating that Hackney was the borough with the highest knife crime rates, and areas like Newham and Croydon also saw high numbers of stabbings. The stats aren’t solely linked to gang member on gang member violence. There have also been reports of ordinary residents targeted by moped-riding muggers armed with machetes, compounding concerns over how things will pan out in the city.

8 million people live there. Your chances of getting stabbed are still incredibly low even with the rise in knife crime.

There is no reason to live in fear unless you happen to be in a tiny minority involved in gang crime or live in one of the hotspots. I’ve lived in Brixton and Hackney, used to walk down the dramatically named “murder mile” every day. Never got stabbed, never saw anyone get stabbed.

Rough areas for sure relative to other parts of London but still far from the lawless hellholes some like to paint them as.

Last edited:
Soldato

Probably because the type of "Violent Crime" you can expect in Blackpool is far better than the type of violent crime you'd get in London.

Caporegime

Maybe because per capita isn't a great indication of what crime is truely like? London is also split into lots of different parts. Richmond upon thames is one of the safest places according to the stats I see on google yet they had 3000 violent crimes last year.

My neighbouring town was "murder capital 2016" due to per capita. Yet it failed to mention that it was all due to massive gang related violence of that year.

Last edited:
Soldato
If i lived in London i would buy a stab proof vest. They might go for your face / neck but most likely they will go for your torso somewhere.

There are virtually never stabbings where i live, they just jump you in a little gang of chavs and beat you up and run off.

lol and prize for biggest over dramatic post goes to....

9.7m people in London. 110 murders in 2023 and that is all murders. Knife assaults with injures in London 4167.

Soldato
Maybe because per capita isn't a great indication of what crime is truely like? London is also split into lots of different parts. Richmond upon thames is one of the safest places according to the stats I see on google yet they had 3000 violent crimes last year.

My neighbouring town was "murder capital 2016" due to per capita.

So are there “bad London murders” which are worse than “not so bad Lincolnshire murders” despite the number/concentration?

Yet it failed to mention that it was all due to massive gang related violence of that year.

Well that’s alright then :D

We all know gangs are seasonal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom