Critical Role Season 2

Associate
I wasn't overly keen on that episode either, I felt it was way to early in the campaign to bring on guests as we need to really get more into their characters and the bigger plots before introducing new faces.

They're definitely being light on rules in some areas (always get a little enjoyment reading all the toxic complainers in their Twitch chat going absolutely ballistic over how they fudge certain rules), however the way they're using Hexblade is more than likely just an error from them misreading the class.

I think Jester's childish personality is reasonable with her upbringing and her ties to The Traveller, the accent seems fine as well as I'm sure it's based on the location her character is from.
I'm fairly certain that if the party visits Nicodranas the NPCs that Matt creates will have somewhat similar accents.
Some are speculating about The Traveller is really Artagan (the seriously twisted Arch Fey they met in the Feywild) from season one.

Haven't formed an opinion on Molly or Yasha yet, they've not had enough chance to really reveal much about their characters and show what they can do.

The most recent episode added some good character building for Nott (Sam's character), really like the way she is being developed.
Also interested to find out more about what she knows of Caleb, his history with magic and why he has to be the one to save/change her.

I'm very curious what's going to happen with Jester and Fjord when Laura and Travis have their baby... with Ashley also being unavailable a lot due to Blindspot, I'm wondering if they'll have a short break from the campaign and do some more one shots or if they'll just have the baby near them on set.

Soldato
I like their interpretation of how you can use Hexblade curse, in fact I think the best thing Shami can do is mirror this exactly :p:D

I love Nott and Caleb, a few episodes behind so not picked up the spoiler but I really enjoy their relationship.

For my money they can ditch Jester and get Him Darkmagic :D on a serious note for a 3 hour session they can probably get a sitter on set and have more regular breaks if needed. Be a bit sad for a huge break to appear this early in the season.

Associate
If you want to use their version of the Hexblade, I'd say you'll have to talk like a Texan cowboy at all times.

I could picture a number of the background crew being happy to sit on the floor with the baby while they play, especially Brian...

Soldato
Even then I think he was slightly fast and loose with lock spells as he tossed out a lot of soells, certainly more than 2 as he used hex, crown of madness and armour of agythys in the same combat iirc

Associate
It was quite strange watching Liam control both Caleb and Jester in last week's episode, he's scarily good at copying Laura's mannerisms.
Glad were finally finding some stuff out about Molly as well, though it's all very confusing and vague at the moment.

Also nice to have Ashley back for a while, hopefully we'll get a bit more focus on Yasha for an episode or two.

Soldato
I'm a few episodes behind after a big catch up but Jester/Molly who I didn't like are growing on me a little. I find Jesters story could be the most interesting dependent on how the traveller pans out.

Just finished episode with the "Smut" shop, that was amazing, it was at times almost a "who will blink first" contest between Matt and the players over the descriptions :D

Associate
I think that's around the point where most people started to warm to Jester's personality, she's gradually toning down her crazy antics a bit as well.

Got to love Matt for his commitment to having something prepared for almost every interest a character may want to explore.

Associate
The last couple of episodes have been great with the amount of story building from Caleb and Nott, fairly massive reveal about Caleb's past in Episode 18.
Liam's reverse 'everyone leave the table' sequence was an interesting change, though he later said that he felt it didn't work well for the group so I don't think it'll happen again.

Soldato
Having seen him acting before, I watched some of Matt's DM advice videos (before forwarding them to our own DM) and if I were rich I'd hire him as our own personal DM - He's very good!

However, I don't think I could stand just passively watching a whole series of 3-4hr sessions of someone else playing D&D. I'd rather spend that time playing our own campaign!

Associate
It's definitely not something to take in as a standalone activity, way too time consuming.
I usually have it on in the background when I'm writing elements of the campaign for my local group or jotting down ideas for other bits I'm working on, it's like a live feed of inspiration for my writing.

It's pretty good for background noise while driving long distances on your own as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I have recently started getting into D&D and watched a few parts of the critical role VOD's (not much yet)

Is there a OCUK D&D group that is willing to accept a complete and utter noob?

Associate
Finally gotten caught up with this, it took me a long time to get in to it since their characters are so different from the ones we know and love in the first campaign. Having said that though I am enjoying this immensely!

Stoner81.

Back
Top Bottom