Critically evaluate the argument that psychology is a science ?

Soldato
Sorry mate, we shouldn't derail your thread.

Chaps I think we should leave the debate (I use the word loosely) on the value of philosophy to the human condition for another thread and time.

The OP wants, and rightly so, a discussion relating to his question.

Quite right. OP I've given you a couple of pointers above, as have a couple of others. As I asked earlier, what level are you writing at?

Permabanned
so the likes of Dennett, Dawkins, Penrose, Dupre, Harding and so I can on are all obsolete and not intelligent enough for Science.....

Wow....just WOW!

Dawkins is the only name on your list I recognize and am interested in, and he is an Evolutionary Biologist, not a Philosopher.

Permabanned
Ok, as you wish. The OP has rightly asked for answers to his question so it is time to accede to that.

Do your own homework.

Sorry, but I think he should be researching and doing his homework himself to be honest.

I've already given him all the help he should need in post 3.

If he needs anymore help, then surely he can ask one of his teachers, or attend a workshop at his school / college as I used to do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry mate, we shouldn't derail your thread.

Chaps I think we should leave the debate (I use the word loosely) on the value of philosophy to the human condition for another thread and time.

The OP wants, and rightly so, a discussion relating to his question.

OP wants other people to help with his homework, some people have given him pointers though this being a discussion forum still means threads will divert and turn into petty arguments as per plenty of others.

Permabanned
OP wants other people to help with his homework, some people have given him pointers though this being a discussion forum still means threads will divert and turn into petty arguments as per plenty of others.

Granted, but it is his thread and asking for help with his homework is not a crime. There is nothing wrong with getting others opinion on a subject or asking for help.

Permabanned
Granted, but it is his thread and asking for help with his homework is not a crime. There is nothing wrong with getting others opinion on a subject or asking for help.

Surely it would be better to ask a teacher than make a thread on OCUK asking people to answer his homework question?

Or simply to google the question and find some relevant articles himself?

Or maybe the reason why I never got a single A grade was because I didnt post threads on OCUK forums asking for help with my homework.

Permabanned
Surely it would be better to ask a teacher than make a thread on OCUK asking people to answer his homework question?

Or simply to google the question and find some relevant articles himself?

Or maybe the reason why I never got a single A grade was because I didnt post threads on OCUK forums asking for help with my homework.

I wish there was such a place as ocuk when I was doing my A levels, damn I wish there was such a thing as the Internet........:eek:

Caporegime
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting *some* assistance in principle but any expectation for thread to stay completely on topic when people are posting conflicting opinions is rather flawed.

Permabanned
I wish there was such a place as ocuk when I was doing my A levels, damn I wish there was such a thing as the Internet........:eek:

Yeah yeah yeah. And you had to track through the snow to school with a potato sack and twine for a coat with paper bags for shoes. 20 miles each way. Up hill both ways. Dodging doodlebugs and zee germans. :p

Permabanned
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting *some* assistance in principle but any expectation for thread to stay completely on topic when people are posting conflicting opinions is rather flawed.

Yeah, but let's be honest we were miles away from the OP...:D

Permabanned
Yeah yeah yeah. And you had to track through the snow to school with a potato sack and twine for a coat with paper bags for shoes. 20 miles each way. Up hill both ways. Dodging doodlebugs and zee germans. :p

I used to spend 50 minutes walking to school in heavy rain so I could save 40p of bus fare to spend on CDs :(

Permabanned
My house was actually exactly 50ish minutes from both school and town ... I used to walk both ways in any weather.

My parents also reduced my allowance from £15 pw to £10 pw after they saw me buying so many CDs (£7 was needed for a weeks school food, just under £5 for the bus ... Walking to and from school pretty much meant a CD every week :().

After my allowance was cut, I stopped eating school meals. Then I got EMA during my A Levels, and that bought me my first mobile phone at 17, and a decent £100 boom box CD player thingy :D ......

And my parents raged over me spending my money on those things :x

Nice things were simply not allowed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom