Critically evaluate the argument that psychology is a science ?

Soldato
evaluate the argument that psychology is a science ?

I have this question in a test soon anyone care to help me out with your thoughts relating to the question

As always really appreciate !, this forum helped me pass my Maths test recently to get accepted on to a course at a college in chester :)

Dave

Last edited:
Permabanned
IMO Neurology / Neuroscience = Science, Psychology = bat crap retarded witchcraft.

Though an answer like that would give you a fail :p

Associate
Science is the single point of destruction of all things that make us human, hope, dreams, wishes, love, mythology, science attempts to turn these into fact.

Sometimes fact is dull and counteractive to the growth and evolution of humanity.

Science is the equivalent of humanity trying to turn real life into binary code.

Permabanned
Science is the single point of destruction of all things that make us human, hope, dreams, wishes, love, mythology, science attempts to turn these into fact.

Sometimes fact is dull and counteractive to the growth and evolution of humanity.

Science is the equivalent of humanity trying to turn real life into binary code.

Says the man who is already binary code according to his username.:eek:

Science doesn't destroy anything, science is a tool, man either uses it or abuses it.

Associate
Indeed

However you are wrong, science does destroy, it destroys your dreams, if it is not proven then it is speculative (sp) which would you prefer:

1. Life after death is unknown

2. Life after death you are eating by worms and nothing happens, your entire life is worthless means nothing and has no bearing or point in the universe, you mean nothing

Permabanned
Indeed

However you are wrong, science does destroy, it destroys your dreams, if it is not proven then it is speculative (sp) which would you prefer:

1. Life after death is unknown

2. Life after death you are eating by worms and nothing happens, your entire life is worthless means nothing and has no bearing or point in the universe, you mean nothing

I think you are confusing Science with Secular Atheism.

Permabanned
“When my husband died, because he was so famous & known for not being a believer, many people would come up to me — it still sometimes happens — & ask me if Carl changed at the end & converted to a belief in an afterlife. They also frequently ask me if I think I will see him again. Carl faced his death with unflagging courage & never sought refuge in illusions. The tragedy was that we knew we would never see each other again. I don’t ever expect to be reunited with Carl. But, the great thing is that when we were together, for nearly twenty years, we lived with a vivid appreciation of how brief & precious life is. We never trivialized the meaning of death by pretending it was anything other than a final parting. Every single moment that we were alive & we were together was miraculous — not miraculous in the sense of inexplicable or supernatural. We knew we were beneficiaries of chance… That pure chance could be so generous & so kind… That we could find each other, as Carl wrote so beautifully in Cosmos, you know, in the vastness of space & the immensity of time… That we could be together for twenty years. That is something which sustains me & it’s much more meaningful…

- Ann Druyan, talking about her husband, Carl Sagan

Permabanned
you mean nothing

Awww, someone is still getting to grips with the reality that life is meaningless.

When I first realized that, I thought 'Meh, of course it is, do I want some kind of medal for realizing the obvious?' and got over it instantly.

Some other people when faced with this reality however enter into months, even years of crisis in which they begin to believe in and invent all kinds of crazy pseudo scientific nonsense, or they go on some kind of spiritually cleansing journey to restore their faith about the afterlife.

There there. When you die, thats it, everything is over. No more you. It might be hard to accept, and you may never want to believe it, but theres no point being crazy about it :D

Associate
Awww, someone is still getting to grips with the reality that life is meaningless.

When I first realized that, I thought 'Meh, of course it is, do I want some kind of medal for realizing the obvious?' and got over it instantly.

Some other people when faced with this reality however enter into months, even years of crisis in which they begin to believe in and invent all kinds of crazy pseudo scientific nonsense, or they go on some kind of spiritually cleansing journey to restore their faith about the afterlife.

There there. When you die, thats it, everything is over. No more you. It might be hard to accept, and you may never want to believe it, but theres no point being crazy about it :D

lol :D

Funny mate.

But if you cant remember your birth how are you going to remember your death?

Soldato

“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self, so therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.” - Kahlil Gibran

Very applicable to you. It's fine to be dark and gloomy but it doesn't last.

Back
Top Bottom