Critique my CV please

Soldato
Ok, some of you may know that I've been out of work for 4 weeks and it's driving me nuts so I think I need to change my CV. It's not the strongest CV but hey. I didn't want to do a CV thread because there are always load however, I think I need a critique as employers/agencies are not getting back to me.

I've used this CV for around 9 years now.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByboX_wszAnoZEc3TC1iVFB3bUk/edit

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i really wouldn't upload a CV with your name address phone email and DOB on for the general public to be honest. Delete your personal info then reapply the document... we can critique it without that info.

You've kinda given anyone enough info to steal you identity... just being cautious

It's not my real address.

Soldato
OP
Thanks so much everyone. I've revised my CV massively today and have come up with the below. I personally think it's better than my old CV.

Please give me some more critique if it's needed (which it will I'm sure) :)

I will tailor this to specific jobs.

Couldn't use GoogleDocs as the formatting was mixed up using both .docx and .doc so I've uploaded screenshots:

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ok, I did write a long reply but it seems to have gone walkies, so here's my cut down version.

Objective / personal statement: This needs to be worked on unless you have a very good covering letter. This should wet the appetite of the reader, at the moment is so generically wishy-washy that it leaves me cold and would probably end in my "no-pile"

You have no achievements listed so I don't know from the skills you've listed that you do have "excellent customer service" and give me an example of you "working under pressure"

Consistently accurate in working.....working what? - where's the proof?

How did you make yourself an asset to your previous work places?

Do you have the confidence to suggest improvements where necessary?

How do you maintain a good relationship with clients? do you perhaps recognise their needs and resolve them by using your initiative?

Should I add an Achievements section to my CV?

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't do that. If I'm considering interviewing someone, the interests are actually a good indication whether I think they would gel with the existing team and can also be a conversation point in the interview.

Ah crap. Not sure what to do as some people say keep them and others say remove them. If I add them back on, it'll run onto 3 pages :(

Soldato
OP
A few more changes especially to the Objective and skills section. I added actual references, well not in this case as I put fake details but you know what I mean. I also added interested but not sure what format they're suppose to be in.

Any tips welcome as I want to nail this CV and get jobs lol.

1new.png

2new.png

Soldato
OP
right, some people are saying to remove certain bits and others say to keep them so I'm a bit confused. I'll decide what I'm doing with these sections.

In the meantime, is there any feedback about my current CV compared with my old CV?

Back
Top Bottom