Critique my (first) website

There is a spelling mistake on the "We service to!" button, it should be "We service too!"

Haven't got time for detailed comments right now, but looks a good effort for a first site. One thing though, the phone number in the slider will probably get too small to read on some phones, and that is a weakness.

On the slides Ground Source and Air source look like CTA to buttons yet do absolutely nothing

There is a lot of repetitious information on the slides

You cannot click on the phone number in the slides

Community goes to the contact form ? (as does jobs)

Couple of quick ones:

1. The contact menu item seems to have an active state on the main page.
2. The menu isn't keyboard accessible
3. Consider minifying your CSS
4. There are a lot of images on the site, if you haven't already consider compressing and optimising them

Fine effort though :)

Last edited:
Typos! Lots of typos. As a prospective customer typos sow doubt as to the professionalism of the company. The "quick guide" section at the bottom is full of errors.

The rotating things? Ugh.

Not a fan of the carousel; it loads too slowly and takes up a huge amount of the above-the-fold space without really telling me very much. I would make it much smaller which would make it load more quickly too and take up less bandwidth which will eventually be a concern.

Weee feedbacks from me!

I think the colours and theme generally work well, reasonably clean and simple.

The changing images at the top seem to have very little to do with what the website is about, the transitions don't work well to me (too flashy, simple is best). The phone number is on top of the 3 circles at the bottom, the ground and heat source buttons are both unclickable once loaded up (Chrome).

The 3 column text looks weird, I think it's because the left of each column seems to be indented for the images? I'd keep the images in-line with the heading, and have the text fit the width of each column more completely.

On the coloured boxes, some of the images are spinning around in circles for no apparent reason? additionally I would make the numbers and stats bigger, compared with the text explaining what each box means.

I think the quick guide zoom looks odd, would drop that. Also for a quick guide it's very detailed. Can it maybe be simplified to a few lines of text for each "step"?

The stuff at the bottom which changes every now and then, not a fan, if it stays it should be more static in nature.

Can't say much about websites because i know tat all. But it is very smooth and works well, not sure how i feel about some of the icons spinning. unless that's my browser causing some to spin and some others to not. Overall though, its very quick and responsive.

One thing i did notice, on this page. http://www.heatcollector.co.uk/how-do-air-source-heat-pumps-work.html

the right hand picture is written QUITE MARK ACHIEVED, when i think it should be QUIET.

Back
Top Bottom