Crop Circles

Caporegime
Plot twist: 86JR is an Alien who has been tasked with convincing humans that crop circles were definitely made by aliens to distract from the fact they lack the skills or technology.

Planet Potato tasked the wrong man with this job.

Soldato
Crabwood1%20ASCII.jpg

No way someone done that, its was either a robot planking machine (if one even exsits) OR Something fishy/alien/black-ops you know tin foil hat job stuff! :p

Soldato
I think it's safe to say that if Aliens made contact with us it would most certainly NOT be by folding our damn crops.

It would be a nuking from orbit.

Considering humanity's propensity for war and violence why would any advanced civilisation want anything to do with us.

It would be more sensible to wipe us all out.

Man of Honour
[ignoring the evidence and assuming for the sake of argument that it was done by aliens who can act physically on Earth somehow]
So why would they use that to make large, complex marks in fields? If they wanted to communicate, they could do so far more effectively. If they wanted to remain hidden, they wouldn't make large, complex marks in fields. The binary message one assumes that not only can they act physically on Earth, but they also understand binary, the ASCII standard and English and probably the way that optical discs work (since the pattern mimics an optical disc). If for some reason they thought that was the best way to communicate, why such a message? Why not "Greetings to the people of Earth from <whatever they call themselves>" and a message that means something? Why not instructions on how we can communicate with them? Even if that's with binary crop circles, they would at least tell us where to make them. "Leave a message in the field next to this one", or something.

[..]
Answer me this Angillion: If aliens exist and they are far more technology advanced than we are...is it such a stretch to think they they have studied us and understand binary? Maybe they invented binary a million years ago. Maybe they want to send a message to the clever people in society hence used binary to express themselves.

Notice how you ignored almost everything and seized on only one minor aspect of it. Flattening parts of crops in order to write a message in English encoded in binary in accordance with the ASCII standard makes absolutely no sense if it was aliens doing it to communicate with humans, not when it requires them to know English and to be able to act physically on Earth with precision for extended periods of time. There are a multitude of better ways to do it. Nor does the message make sense in that context - it's not a greeting, it's not information, it doesn't have a clear meaning and it doesn't establish communication. Neither the message nor the way it was written makes any sense as aliens initiating communication with humans. It makes a great deal of sense as a bit of a joke, which is vastly more likely to come from humans than from aliens.

I've said all this before and you ignored it. What single word will you pick out this time?

You talk about a lack of facts, but that's only because you deliberately ignore almost everything.

I still can't see how two 60 year old men with some planks managed to "stomp out" around 900 characters of binary (guess have not counted) in perfection, in under 12 hours, in the dark + "draw" the rest of the picture.

Your inability to understand how something was done isn't evidence that it was done by aliens for no apparent reason.

I watched Dynamo doing some tricks last night. They were a damn sight harder to explain than some flattened crops in a field. I have no idea how he did them. Do you consider that strong evidence that he isn't doing them and that aliens are doing them? Or that Dynamo is an alien?

You're vastly underestimating what humans can do if they put their mind and effort to it, despite the fact that you've been shown other examples such as the snowfield artist.

You keep blathering on about the dark, despite the fact that you know it wasn't dark for 12 hours and you know that humanity has invented compact and effective light sources. Or maybe you don't know that. Maybe you're an alien.

Aha! Now I have it! You do have good evidence that the markings were made by aliens - you're one of the aliens who made them!

Soldato
I still can't see how two 60 year old men with some planks managed to "stomp out" around 900 characters of binary (guess have not counted) in perfection, in under 12 hours, in the dark + "draw" the rest of the picture.
I think you're just imagining it wrong then. It sounds like your idea of events is that two random old men were going for a stroll then found a plank of wood and just decided to make a massive perfect crop circle?

Man of Honour
I think you're just imagining it wrong then. It sounds like your idea of events is that two random old men were going for a stroll then found a plank of wood and just decided to make a massive perfect crop circle?

:D

and don't forget OP that the Aliens also made a mistake in their binary/ASCII/English code because there are words that went wrong.
Oh but that's because they're Aliens.

Associate
There is nothing mysterious or otherworldly about them.

A small group of people who know what they are doing and a few basic tools combined with good planning and a reasonable knowledge of Maths is all you need to make one.

As for doing it in the dark, I would guess that most appear after nights with a bright (full) moon.

Your answer does not sufficiently answer the whole subject. I appreciate what you are saying and i am not disagreeing with the comment, but there are other factors to consider here.

For example, crop circles created by people has been re-created under experimental conditions and it takes dozens of people within night hours to re-create the same imagery, and even then it is not the same quality. The crop circles created by people are different the wheat is pushed in a diagonal fashion. Some of the most sophisticated crop circles which have happened through the night are of a different quality.

The wheat is interwoven in not one direction but interlocked like a woolen jumper. But the most interesting fact is that the nodes on the wheat have evidence of extreme heat stress. The node on wheat are like popcorn, and only literally pop when exposed to intense heat/energy.

If you watch some documentaries on the subject you will soon realise there is far more to this subject than mere people pressing wheat down in the dead of night.

Caporegime
No. There really isn't.

There's a lot of made up tripe designed to perpetuate the myth that they are created by aliens, and gullible people eat it up.

Have you seen these interwoven wheat stems and popcorn grains, or are you just repeating what's been said on one of those "documentaries" on Bravo or SyFy?

Also, dammit, now there's 2 of them!

Soldato
Like UFOs I hate the fact aliens have been attached to this subject, if there ever was anything more to it we now have no chance of finding it because there are such overwhelming preconceptions.

The crystal healing woo woo crowd have a real knack of destroying these subjects.

Associate
No. There really isn't!

Why is there not, if you wish to discuss please back up your assumptions.

There's a lot of made up tripe designed to perpetuate the myth that they are created by aliens, and gullible people eat it up.

Again your accusations are full of nothing. You are supporting a belief system which you hold which says there is nothing else to the subject so whatever else i see on the subject it's false. You are not having a discussion, neither are you a skeptic.

Have you seen these interwoven wheat stems and popcorn grains, or are you just repeating what's been said on one of those "documentaries" on Bravo or SyFy?.

No i haven't physically, but i have spent enough time to educate myself on all backgrounds of the topic. Have you seen everthing you have read about? Conducted every experiment in a science book? To verify there is not another possibility. You're simply being silly now.

Bravo, syfy, what exactly are you trying to prove by mentioning that? Would you prefer it was on the bbc? As much propaganda, lies and misinformation as any other channel on television.

Associate
So let's say it like it is here. Are you or are you not saying that ALIENS created these elaborate crop circles?

In all honesty i don't think aliens have anything to do with the crop circles. BUT what i do believe is that 70% of the crop circles are not man made.

So what is creating the circles? If i knew i wouldn't be here discussing alternative theories to the subject. But majority of the circles are created where there is a significant amount of flowing water underground, or in the vicinity of where the circle is created. This could simply be a natural phenomena which we don't yet understand, and it could possibly be attributed to water

I'd say it's closer to 90% of Crop Circles ARE man-made.

The other 10% could easily be water or other natural phenomenon.

I whole-heartedly believe that aliens (as in life on other planets) do exist, but not that they have ever visited Earth.

Associate
How did you get to 70%?! This could not be attributed to water. It does not created human patterns.

The 70% all have the same interwoven steams of wheat which are tightly packed together. A man made crop circle does not have this quality, they are only laid flat in one direction. Also the interwoven type has the individual nodes on the wheat popped. These qualify as the 70% and as such warrant further investigation.

It does not created human patterns.

Why are you assuming that these patterns are a man-made thing? Nature is made from complex geometery, we learned that through observation of life. All of the significant patterns you see called crop circles are made out of complex geometrical shapes. The geometry was there before we were creating it, all we do is replicate that idea which already existed.

Associate
I'd say it's closer to 90% of Crop Circles ARE man-made.

The other 10% could easily be water or other natural phenomenon.

I whole-heartedly believe that aliens (as in life on other planets) do exist, but not that they have ever visited Earth.

It's easy to come up with a guess of what you think, but the reality of it does not make your idea of 90% add up.

When someone can prove how trampling wheat can make into a knitted like appearance. And how stamping on wheat can pop the nodes of wheat we could right it off. Until then not one human being can re-create that effect.

Crop circles in the netherlands have exactly the same result. We have different countries with the same geometrical shapes in wheat, with the same odd appearance in the wheat and not one human being can replicate it.

I find that odd, considering there are so many of these circles.

Back
Top Bottom