CryEngine 3 tech demo

Soldato
If the CryEngine wasnt the best looking thing we have when you ramp it up then I would agree with all the complaints about it. But the fact is you only have to look at the textures/shaders/effects to realise where your resources are going. Its an amazing engine in my eyes. Shame the gameplay wasnt at the same level.

Edit: Just watched the video. Its still a mighty impressive engine, even if I cant tell exactly whats changed. Those environments looked great.

Last edited:
Associate
Well if that footage is a taster of what's to be expected on consoles as well as pc, then I'm very interested. Environments looked great but at the moment not on par with CryEngine 2 yet.

Soldato
Still looking good tho, hopefully it will become slightly larger and easier to use, the next ghost recon game would look great in that forest :D

Guessing its too late for that now... :p

Soldato
are you really? come on, i remember the first time i saw cryengine 2 i had to pick up my jaw from the floor. this is just embarrassing...

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2dm9z9.jpg[/IMG]g

I see you cherry picked the absolute worst bit of the video. I could cherry pick far worse scenes on my max-setting Crysis/Warhead games. The rest of the trailer looked stunning, much better than the vast majority of console games.

Did you guys not see the 360/PS3 logos at the start? It's obviously for consoles. The camera movement implies the use of joypads.

edit: plot-wise, we all seem to be missing one crucial thing; the urban settings in the trailer shows Korean signs :eek: Crysis to take place in North Korea next? It would make a lot of sense...

Last edited:
Soldato
If this is indeed a console engine, it is very impressive.

Essentially the point.

Even if it's a cross platform game it's still very impressive. One of the best looking cross platform games until this was farcry 2 and imo this blows it away (from initial videos which as we all know aren't necessarily accurate)

Soldato
Not sure why everyone is acting like the graphics look terrible, most people's rig's wouldn't run crysis much better than that.

This should have really been posted in the consoles section.

Back
Top Bottom